Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to Bed Level?

Posted by Botanicus 
How to Bed Level?
July 14, 2014 04:17PM
I've got my Kossel up and running, but I still haven't gotten my bed quite level yet. I've got the printing flattened (no noticeably concave/convex curve) but my G29 autoprobe results show a slant on my bed. Is there anything else I can look at for leveling, or is G29 the end-all and be-all of bed leveling?

my probe doesn't push itself back up at the end of the probing, so I cant really use that when printing right now...

any help would be appreciated!
Re: How to Bed Level?
July 14, 2014 04:46PM
Does a Kossel use screws for leveling? If not, try checking out videos from Jay Corture (?). He has a couple on getting your bed level, and from what I have read while trying to level my Rostock Mini, it is better to level the bed first then use the auto-level as a sanity check.
July 14, 2014 04:59PM
looks like Jay Couture

I'll see what I can get from his videos. thanks!
July 16, 2014 10:21AM
I am using these two guides for tuning my delta. Remember, you can tune a Delta, but you cant tune a fish..... smiling smiley

[minow.blogspot.com]

[richrap.com]

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
July 16, 2014 10:28AM
Thanks! I plan on working on it a bit tonight. I found where the bed currently isn't level and I'll be working on that. once it's level I'll fiddle with the leveling probe and print quality
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login