Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock, Slow motion and endstop questions

Posted by hkicsi 
Rostock, Slow motion and endstop questions
February 01, 2015 01:26PM
Hi Everybody,

My new project is Rostock. (I have a little exp. with MendelMax, but is it very different smiling smiley)
The problem is: the rostock very slow moves in any axes - but in homing. If I send it to home (autohome) than seems good, but if I send a G0 Zxxx then very veeerrry slow movement at all.

The second interesting behavior: I think, the endstop works only by homing process. If I send a command to move up, and switch the endstop manualy, nothing happens, the cart moving. That should do it so?

my configuration.h attached.

Thanks and regards
hkicsi
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (31.6 KB)
Re: Rostock, Slow motion and endstop questions
February 01, 2015 02:33PM
If you send G0 Zxxx without a F parameter, then it will use same feed rate as in the previous move. If the previous move was to home the printer, then it will be the slow fine homing move. So try adding a speed e.g. F5000 to your G1 command.

It is normal in some firmwares to ignore the endstop switches except when homing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Rostock, Slow motion and endstop questions
February 01, 2015 03:39PM
Thanks It works.
A question: it is not used as exeption if the rostock's cart on very high level? What I found: My rostocks max high 402 and if cart moved to 400, and after I try a move on X or Y axes than the diagonal rod has a coliision with endstop, without any endstopping. That planned so? Or I lost some point in confiuration?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login