Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Board X Axis Motor not turning

Posted by Neosolon 
Duet Board X Axis Motor not turning
February 06, 2015 02:15PM
The X axis terminals from my Duet board does not seem to be sending the correct signals to the motor. I tried plugging in the same motor to the Y axis terminals and it worked fine so its definitely a problem with the connections or the driver chip but I do not know how to test either problem.
Re: Duet Board X Axis Motor not turning
February 06, 2015 02:22PM
Assuming it's a new board, I suggest you get in touch with either T3P3 or RepRapPro, depending on who you bought it from, to ask for a replacement.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 06, 2015 08:45PM
Hi Neosolon

I see you have got in touch by email. We will sort out a replacement board if required.

Can you confirm you are setting the stepper current in config.g:

M906 X800 Y800 Z800

Or something similar, if you set it very low then then you would have issues, eg a typo like this:

M906 X80 Y800 Z800

If thats not the case then it looks like we need to exchange the board.

Tony

DuetWifi.: advanced 3d printing electronics
February 10, 2015 02:39PM
Hi Tony,

Here are in the lines of the config file I'm using.

M83 ; ...but relative extruder moves
M906 X800 Y1000 Z800 E800 ; Set motor currents (mA)
;M305 P0 R4700 ; Set the heated bed
February 10, 2015 06:02PM
Neosolon

Those look within the correct ball part for standard nema 17s like we supply. As you say it works on the Y axis and not the X then it could well be the hardware. Please get incontact by email to arrange a replacement.

Regards

Tony
February 12, 2015 11:23AM
Tony,

I sent an email to the T3P3 staff with the order information.

In the meantime, is there a way to trick the duet into thinking one of the extruder ports is the X axis by changing the set-up code?
February 12, 2015 12:49PM
Neosolon
In the meantime, is there a way to trick the duet into thinking one of the extruder ports is the X axis by changing the set-up code?

Only by rebuilding build the firmware. There are gcodes to swap thermistor channels around, but currently no gcodes to swap stepper motor channels. If it will take a long time for you to get your replacement Duet, I guess I could knock up a special release that swaps them around for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 12:49PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 12, 2015 01:45PM
They will be shipping it tomorrow so it may take a week for it to arrive. I could work on some other parts of the project but having the x-axis working for debugging would be nice. If anything it would be just a neat thing to have handy.
February 12, 2015 07:08PM
Neosolon
They will be shipping it tomorrow so it may take a week for it to arrive. I could work on some other parts of the project but having the x-axis working for debugging would be nice. If anything it would be just a neat thing to have handy.

I've put a build of the firmware with X and E motors swapped over at [www.dropbox.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login