Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel Mini, sudden first layer Problems

Posted by nimrod 
Kossel Mini, sudden first layer Problems
April 04, 2015 04:58AM
hello, my name is Björn and a few days before, i bought a Kossel Mini (t3dp3d). that one was used and still working very fine. after the kalibration i began to print ant all worked very well for a few days, then i decided to print some larger Project, and start up with some tiles of the 3D Catan (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26979/#files)

after 6 Tiles, suddenly the Autolevel seems to be incorrect. without the autolevel command, the Printer works without any Problems, but with the autolevel command. the Printer first layer isn#t in the same high at al positions at the bed. i thougt it was just a mechanical Problem or the printer was to hot? or maybe thomething else. after a few hours i tried again and there was the same Problem. i don't change anything, naighter the mechanics nor the software.

i used some oil for al of the moving parts and reflash the firmware. the problem was still there.

after that i readjust the Z_high and change the value about 0.1 and now the printer does his job but i can still see the same problem.

please can you help me? i dont understand that it happens just between one print out and another.

Björn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2015 05:04AM by nimrod.
Re: Kossel Mini, sudden first layer Problems
April 04, 2015 05:23AM
It could be that the mechanical Z probe on your machine is no longer giving consistent readings. I had trouble with mine recently (the spring compression needed adjusting), and I have always found that the first probing after deploying it gives a less accurate reading than the remainder. I set up my bed probing file to do an extra probe immediately after deployment and throw away the reading, and that helped.

In principle it's better not to use autolevel on a delta printer, you should use auto delta calibration instead. I now have this working very well, however I'm using different electronics and firmware from the ones supplied in the Mini Kossel kit.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Kossel Mini, sudden first layer Problems
April 04, 2015 05:40AM
dc42
you should use auto delta calibration instead..

can you help me with this? i don't kow exactly what you mean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login