Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z probe confusion

Posted by Ash-ta 
z probe confusion
April 29, 2015 07:06AM
Hello everybody
I finished building a z probe for my homemade delta printer
The printer uses ramps 1.3 and all max endstops are wired correctly and the z endstop wired to z min pins
And i am using marlin kimbra firmware

The probe haz a steel rod that can deploy and trigerred while it retract and can keep it self retracted using magnets (the attached pictures can describe it better)

The problem is that when the probe is retracted (the switch is pressed) the z axis slider can't move down any more, i tried to enable the option of "enable end stops only for homing " and that works but while homing the z axis slider cant go down to go back again it just kick the max endstop and stay there

i think that the firmware is using the probe as a z min endstop so the z slider cant go down

I tried the original marlin firmware and i got the same problem

How can i fix the firmware so it can forget about z min endstop and use its pin only for z probe ??

Hope anybody can help me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 07:29AM by Ash-ta.
Attachments:
open | download - _20150429_133901.JPG (94.6 KB)
open | download - _20150429_133927.JPG (161.6 KB)
Re: z probe confusion
April 29, 2015 08:03AM
Please post (as an attachment) a copy of your Marlin Configuration.h file. My guess is that there is something wrong in it. Also a picture of the RAMPS focused on the endstop connectors.
Re: z probe confusion
April 29, 2015 10:18AM
here are the configuration files i used

first try with marlinkimbra the file called configuration_delta.h
the second file is for the original marlin

notice that i dont install the extruder yet so i dont configur any of the extruder or hot end or hot bed options

and for the picture: i wired all the wiring directly to the arduino mega (because i cant get ramps yet) but all things are functioning well also the z probe rather than the printer use the z probe as a z min endstop and when it is triggered the z axis don't move down

thank you for your reply AndrewBCN
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_Delta.h (7.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (41 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login