Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel mini configuration help

Posted by mrmuffin 
Kossel mini configuration help
July 15, 2015 11:32PM
I just recently finished putting together my new Kossel mini and I've started trying to configure it.

Unfortunately the instructions I received with my kit did not come with any sort of guide for this part of the build. I've been looking online for help but I couldn't seem to find anyone in the same situation as me. The major problem I am having is the fact that most Kossel minis have the standard ball joints on the ends of the diagonal rods where as I have the magnetic joints. On top of that all of the programs I have found assume that you have ball joints not magnetic. Is there a large difference between the two as far as setup goes? I tried Simply uploading existing code as is from this website [builda3dprinter.eu] ( the kossel mini RAMPS under firmware). After I downloaded it to my arduino I homed the printer just fine. I then lowered it and tried to move the head strait along the x axis.

When I tried to move it the extruder tilted sideways more and more the further the x coordinates went. This happened along the y axis as well. The more I moved the print head the worse it got. Sometimes the rods would simply fall off if the printer went too far in one direction. I'm not sure if this is normal for the first stages of configuration or if the program I have simply is not made for magnetic joints. If anyone could help me get my printer up and working the way it should I would greatly appreciate it.
Re: Kossel mini configuration help
July 16, 2015 02:47AM
mrmuffin
I just recently finished putting together my new Kossel mini and I've started trying to configure it.
[attachment 58169 20150715_215237.jpg]
[attachment 58170 20150715_215246.jpg]
[attachment 58171 20150715_215257.jpg]

Unfortunately the instructions I received with my kit did not come with any sort of guide for this part of the build. I've been looking online for help but I couldn't seem to find anyone in the same situation as me. The major problem I am having is the fact that most Kossel minis have the standard ball joints on the ends of the diagonal rods where as I have the magnetic joints. On top of that all of the programs I have found assume that you have ball joints not magnetic. Is there a large difference between the two as far as setup goes? I tried Simply uploading existing code as is from this website [builda3dprinter.eu] ( the kossel mini RAMPS under firmware). After I downloaded it to my arduino I homed the printer just fine. I then lowered it and tried to move the head strait along the x axis.

[attachment 58172 20150715_215409.jpg]

When I tried to move it the extruder tilted sideways more and more the further the x coordinates went. This happened along the y axis as well. The more I moved the print head the worse it got. Sometimes the rods would simply fall off if the printer went too far in one direction. I'm not sure if this is normal for the first stages of configuration or if the program I have simply is not made for magnetic joints. If anyone could help me get my printer up and working the way it should I would greatly appreciate it.

Your main problem is that your Effector is rotated by 60 degrees from where it is supposed to be the Diagonal rods need to be Parallel for it to operate correctly and not getting closer together at the Effector as shown in your Photo's.

HTH Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login