Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Printer cheap hall effect sensors.

Posted by jaguarking11 
Delta Printer cheap hall effect sensors.
August 05, 2015 11:55AM
I replaced the mechanical end stops with hall effect sensors.

I tried to measure their repetability, it was better than the tolerance of the depth gauge.

Here is a video for it.
[www.youtube.com]

If videos are not your thing, here is a blog entry regarding this.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Any thoughts?

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Re: Delta Printer cheap hall effect sensors.
August 06, 2015 11:30AM
Very interesting! I am not a big fan of micro switches, I also like that so few components are needed to make it work.
If I under stand the setup correctly the calibration starts with the hall effect senor in a neutral field and as the magnet get closer the field increases until the the sensor triggers at a certain strength of the field. Even if the sensor is stable with temperature the magnets has to be that too. I know that some magnets are very sensitive to change in temperature. Have you experienced any problems with your magnets?

Cheers!

Edit typo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2015 11:31AM by SlowFoot.
Re: Delta Printer cheap hall effect sensors.
August 07, 2015 12:29PM
My printer has a heated chamber set to 50c. The first few prints have been stable enough. Since I replaced a bunch of components on the printer now I am dialing it in. As of now I heat the bed to 100c and nozzle to 245c as well as set the chamber temp to 50c. However the temperature gradient on the chamber is not so good right now as my heater is ontop of the printer and the hot air is not being pushed downward. I had a failed print last night with the bottom layer delaminating. That did not make me happy, however the jury is still out on the cause. I had a small leak on my nozzle and ended up tightening it. That could easily shift .2mm up. I am going to calibrate the printer at full temp soon enough as well as mount a mixing fan on the printer to even out the temperature gradient. Looking at doing this work tonight. I will most likely do a follow up video for these sensors as well. I may just implement the auto leveling probe on this printer using a precision ground 4mm shaft I have laying around.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login