Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapFirmware 1.09e-dc42 for Duet electronics

Posted by dc42 
New RepRapFirmware 1.09e-dc42 for Duet electronics
August 10, 2015 02:47PM
I've just released this, see [forums.reprap.org] for details.

Of particular interest to delta printer users is that you can now set Z probe trigger height corrections for bed probe points. Delta printers with Z probes displaced from the nozzle may suffer from trigger height varying with XY position, because if is vary hard to keep the effector completely level as it moves in the XY plane. Even FSRs might show different trigger heights, because when probing in the centre of the bed the force is shared between all 3 FSRs, whereas when probing next to a bed mounting point the force is mostly felt by just one FSR. I have updated the configuration instructions at [reprap.org].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 03:02PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.09e-dc42 for Duet electronics
August 10, 2015 06:18PM
Hi David,

I'm very interested in your firmware, specially the segmentation free movement for deltas.
Is it possible to run it in a board other than the Duet? As the Azteeg X5?

Regards
August 10, 2015 07:28PM
llluis
Hi David,

I'm very interested in your firmware, specially the segmentation free movement for deltas.
Is it possible to run it in a board other than the Duet? As the Azteeg X5?

Regards

As far as I know, RepRapFirmware has not been ported to any other electronics. It's open source, so it is available for anyone to do a port.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

August 16, 2015 04:38AM
Dave

Can I just get clear in my head how to apply the probe Z height corrections.

If for example I have a 2mm difference at origin/centre but say 2.1 at the Y tower am I right in saying that I would put H2.1 at the end of the corresponding probe line in the Bed.g or is it the difference betwenn what is set in the Config.g and the probe point in Bed.g.

Been on Holiday and this new feature will certainly help to get mine dialled in correctly.

By the way I am now getting all the parts to put together a Kossel with a smaller build volume but at higher Quality of output

Got some IGUS Rod ends on the way a set of extrusion also on the way I have the Duet and a set of Robotdigg alloy parts and linear rails along with a E3D V6 with a smaller nozzle (I Have a 0.25 one for it)
My 0.9 motors arrived the other day (with no Flats unfortunately) also a 1334 again no flat so might need to find one that does so the gear for the ormerod extruder will fit properly not sure I can grind a flat accurately enough by hand. also need to get some 16 tooth gears but they are easy to get localy then need to decide on the endstops wether to use microswitches/optical switches or hall effect devices.

Doug
August 16, 2015 09:31AM
dougal1957
If for example I have a 2mm difference at origin/centre but say 2.1 at the Y tower am I right in saying that I would put H2.1 at the end of the corresponding probe line in the Bed.g or is it the difference between what is set in the Config.g and the probe point in Bed.g.

You would use H0.1, because the H parameter gets added to the G31 Z parameter. See [reprap.org].

I ground the flats on the motors myself. The ones for the tower motors are not critical anyway. I am still using 20 tooth pulleys, because I am happy with 160 steps/mm and I am not sure there is anything t be gained by going to 200.

I had a look on eBay for Hall effect homing switches, but the ones I found were overkill. A unipolar Hall switch such us this [www.ebay.co.uk] is all that's needed, no other electronics is necessary. I might get some, but for now my microswitches are reproducible enough. If you run auto calibration after homing, small errors in the homing switches get corrected anyway.

August 16, 2015 10:50AM
Dave

Thanks for the info

I was looking at these Sensor Module as I can go and collect them as he is only 4 miles from me and the mounting is already sorted.

Unfortunately the only grinder I have is an Angle grinder tho my neighbour does have a bench grinder that I could use (It has a slow tool grinding wheel as well) so that may be suitable I shall have to get the spec for the flat and find my Micrometer so that I can get it right.

Doug
August 16, 2015 11:46AM
The issue I see with those sensor modules is that they say they need 5V, so not suitable for interfacing directly with a Duet. However, depending on the model of Hall sensor used, they might work on 3.3V. I suggest you ask them for the part number of the Hall sensor IC and look u its datasheet. It may even be the same as the one I linked to.

You could make your own using the IC I linked to and a small piece of stripboard. If there is enough demand I could make some, although I would use an SMD sensor IC to make it neater and smaller.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login