Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Kossel 2020

Posted by jcaz76 
Delta Kossel 2020
August 28, 2015 05:58AM
Hey Guys!
I am having a bit of a problem calibrating my printer. I have the *G1 Z0 Fxxxx* homed in, but when I input something that would bring the head away from the center of the print bed towards the edge of the bed (such as *G1 X50 Fxxxx*), the head gets closer to the bed as it goes out and scrapes the bed. To simplify, the closer the head is to the edge of the bed, the closer it is to the bed (on a z-axis); and the closer it is to the center of the bed, the further it is from the bed (also on a z-axis). I may have done something wrong in calibrating? I thought I put in good numbers, but maybe I'm missing something... I will include my Configuration.h file. I made sure the bed itself is not warped by comparing it with a piece of glass, as well as testing the head with the glass on the bed. Any thoughts? I have the revision A of this printer Printer revision B
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (30.6 KB)
Re: Delta Kossel 2020
August 28, 2015 06:30AM
jcaz76
Hey Guys!
I am having a bit of a problem calibrating my printer. I have the *G1 Z0 Fxxxx* homed in, but when I input something that would bring the head away from the center of the print bed towards the edge of the bed (such as *G1 X50 Fxxxx*), the head gets closer to the bed as it goes out and scrapes the bed. To simplify, the closer the head is to the edge of the bed, the closer it is to the bed (on a z-axis); and the closer it is to the center of the bed, the further it is from the bed (also on a z-axis). I may have done something wrong in calibrating? I thought I put in good numbers, but maybe I'm missing something... I will include my Configuration.h file. I made sure the bed itself is not warped by comparing it with a piece of glass, as well as testing the head with the glass on the bed. Any thoughts? I have the revision A of this printer Printer revision B

You need to calibrate the printer, from what I understand your delta radius is off and since you only have the center position right I suppose you also need to adjust the endstops.

There are several threads in this forum about the subject.

Here is one: [forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 06:35AM by Koenig.
August 28, 2015 10:50AM
Koenig
jcaz76
Hey Guys!

You need to calibrate the printer, from what I understand your delta radius is off and since you only have the center position right I suppose you also need to adjust the endstops.

There are several threads in this forum about the subject.

Here is one: [forums.reprap.org]

Agreed, here is another well respected calibration guide:

http://minow.blogspot.co.uk/index.html#4918805519571907051

adavidm

edit: In your case specifically, you need to look at DELTA_RADIUS which is explained in section 3 of the minow blog.

adavidm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 10:53AM by adavidm.
August 28, 2015 12:15PM
Ah thanks guys! Its hard to find resources for this specific printer so this is much appreciated! grinning smiley I'll post some pics if I can get it working smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login