Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print quality improvement

Posted by Neutrino 
Print quality improvement
September 01, 2015 06:38AM
Hi Everyone,

i would like to understand what's wrong with my print.
This is the first print of a dice after the calibration. I wonder if its too few plastic getting extruded or mechanical problems i'm facing ?!?

I am pretty new to 3d printing in general. I am running a delta Kossel 4020 from hkbay with changed electronics (RADDS 1.5 + RAPPS). The whole thing on 0.9° steppers.

Maybe one of the enlighted people might give me a hint whats wrong with my setup currently.

The picture looks worse ... in fact on some sides the dire looks fairly good. ... going to make another picture

Thanks for your help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 06:39AM by Neutrino.
Attachments:
open | download - testprint.jpg (353.2 KB)
Re: Print quality improvement
September 01, 2015 07:43AM
Here a little better view of the "good" sides
Attachments:
open | download - cube2.jpg (212.2 KB)
September 01, 2015 08:59AM
I'd start looking at temps and extrusionsrate, have you set the vref for the extruder stepper "correct" so that it gets enough current?
September 01, 2015 03:22PM
Thanks for the input ....... I have to say its finaly working .... i dont know why but i had to increase the flow rate a lot .... i followed the triffid hunters calibration guide for extrusion now i'm at a point where in NICELY print with an accuracy of 0.05mm wich i think is perfect for my slightly uncalibrated printer (I LOVE deltas winking smiley. around the center i have an area of about 8 cm diameter i can print fine in ... now have to fine tune the towers ... THANKS everyone for the help winking smiley .... super happy .... happy to post some pictures when the first objects come out .... looks sooooo sweet now winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login