Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slightly larger preassembled delta?

Posted by elektrinis 
Slightly larger preassembled delta?
September 18, 2015 03:15PM
Hello to everyone, newbie here.

I am going to do a slow production run, where glue dispensing will be done, and I really need to automate this process to get good accuracy and consistency at high(er) speed.
I know it's not that simple, but basically 3D printer is like dispensing glue. So this is where I got the idea. I would have to mod it for my needs, but that I can do.

Glue will be dispensed on to relatively large (20x20x10 cm) and heavy (2kg) parts, so probably smart move would be to keep them stationary.
I don't need a very good accuracy, 0.3mm repeatability is OK.
One more thing to note, I'm on very tight budget. So I can not go for lather machines. Since Delta type machines are relatively very simple and could be built on budget, this is what I am thinking about.
Also, this is not a personal project, so I do not have the time for playing around assembling and tuning it. Need it delivered ready to use.

And I must mention that, even though accuracy is not that big a deal, service life is. This means that plastic wheels rolling directly on aluminum extrusions are OK, but they must have bearings, and there should be no printed plastic-to-plastic rubbing, like for example in CeeMeCNC. That machine looks OK, size is just what I need, but those plastic-to-plastic linkages don't look like going to last:

And to be fair, price is a little steep for a kit.

So my questions are:
Am I going to right direction?
Can you suggest a machine I could look in to? Heck, even DIY kit would be OK, at much lower price.
Are these communicating on simple virtual com port via USB, and could be controlled by Mach3? Or can I use included software for what I need, maybe with some workarounds?
Are there any good models from european companies? Or maybe someone here would sell his owned machine?
Re: Slightly larger preassembled delta?
September 18, 2015 05:19PM
Maybe the guys from [builda3dprinter.eu] can help you... they do a "Kossel XL" kit that might meet your requirements and they're in Europe, drop them a line.

Cheers,
Robin.
September 18, 2015 05:56PM
Yes, try to ask builda3dprinter. You can buy the only parts you need (for example w/o extruder, hotend and heated bed). They have printer constructor in their shop, so you can customize everything. Kossel XL with 1515 extrusions is not very rigid, but you have said that high precision is not required, so it will be ok.

Yes, you can use virtual com port via usb. Customized printer can be freely controlled via g-code.
September 19, 2015 03:24AM
elektrinis
Also, this is not a personal project, so I do not have the time for playing around assembling and tuning it. Need it delivered ready to use.

Buggers, I picture a delta built with the motors on top and the effector poking out under the frame. Then you would not have to put the parts into the machine but they could pass freely under it.
September 19, 2015 11:39AM
Just invert the linkages and make a hole in the top, then flip the machine upside down.

Voila - delta robot over a conveyer
September 21, 2015 01:53AM
Thanks guys for this suggestion, I will look in to it.
VDX
September 21, 2015 04:14AM
... or look out for the 'flexpicker'-deltas - [www.youtube.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 21, 2015 04:17AM
Nice machine, but a little over budget. Something from "universal robots" is probably better fit for a small company, however still a little extensive today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login