Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper motor extruder slipping

Posted by amandarh92 
Stepper motor extruder slipping
December 01, 2015 03:47PM
Still working on my kossel 2020 from Folger Tech....

Now I seem to have it working but when I try to extrude the filament, it gets stops and the motor starts slipping, going back and forth and can't get anymore filament through. It's a Direct drive extruder, MK9 with a NEMA 17 stepper motor, according the parts list on the folger tech site.

Anyone else have the issue with this machine?
Re: Stepper motor extruder slipping
December 01, 2015 04:32PM
Sounds like your extruder or hotend is clogged. have you tried pushing the filament through by hand. Other causes if not that could be that the extruder gear's setscrew is loose and the shaft is just spinning inside to the gear's bore, or the hotend is not hot enough to allow it to go through. Also could be that the stepper drives current is set too low.
December 01, 2015 09:31PM
Sounds like a clog. Is there a fan on the hot end heatsink?
December 02, 2015 08:17AM
This happens before the filament even gets to the hotend. I'm going to try to up the voltage on the drivers and see if that changes anything
December 03, 2015 04:10AM
I don't know Folger techs hotend, but I have two china-e3d clones that refused to feed filament into the hotend without unscrewing the heatbarrier every time. There seems to be an alignment problem.
I drilled the push-fit tube ( Bowden setup here ) and the throat in the heatsink to feed the PTFE tube right down to the heatbarrier. *problem solved*
-Olaf
December 03, 2015 07:48AM
My problem isn't at the hotend. It's at the extruder stepper motor. One of my problems is the alignment of the of the screw feed tube but i took that off and it's still doing it. So there must be another problem. I'll take a picture of my set up when I get a chance and see if that helps.
December 04, 2015 02:26PM
I've tried upping the voltage on the driver and I'm still having the same issue. I'm using makergeeks filament and it seems to be pretty low quality (it breaks easily) so I'm wondering if the filament quality could be the problem. Other than that I'm really at a loss as to what I can do to fix this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login