Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Derivative

Posted by tmbg 
Rostock Derivative
July 28, 2012 01:03AM
I'm working on a derivative of the Rostock, essentially the same motion but with an extrusion frame. It's a fair bit more expensive to build, but I think it's pretty nice smiling smiley

I'll post more as I get it running!
fma
Re: Rostock Derivative
July 28, 2012 04:59AM
Very nice! I was thinking using similar structure.

After my first tests with the original design, I will switch to yours, but I will also use MakerSlides instead of rods ; I hope to be able to use this DeltaBot for milling PCB as well.

Frédéric
July 29, 2012 01:29AM
I love aluminum extrusions. That looks quite nice. I'll keep an eye on this as I am seriously considering a delta-bot for my next printer.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Jesse
August 05, 2012 02:05PM
Any chance you'll be putting this on thingiverse and/or (hopefully and) see about putting it on reprap.org.
August 06, 2012 05:56PM
Is that T-Slot openbeam?
August 07, 2012 03:57PM
I'm using extrusion from mcmaster which is functionally equivalent to the Misumi extrusion. Only difference I can see is that the mcmaster stuff has a larger radius on the corners, and I designed my parts to take advantage of it for some strength enhancing fillets.

I'll publish what I've done soon... I don't know anything about the conventions for publishing on the wiki, but I will be glad to if i can.

Right now, the mechanics of my machine are reasonably sound, but im having some trouble getting the firmware to behave as i expect. I'll post more about it this evening when I'm not on my phone winking smiley
August 28, 2012 08:52AM
Good work! It looks pretty big. I wonder how a motorized platform would fare with this device, when we want a larger length wise(as well as height) prints.
August 28, 2012 01:27PM
I would certainly like to see a few more pictures. I would also like to make a Rostock from extrusions. I guess I need to do more research, I was stuck trying to figure out a way to connect openbeam at a 60 degree angle, but I see that you've used connectors from a different beam system.
September 05, 2012 08:19PM
[reprap.org]

Just sayin
September 06, 2012 06:41AM
I should have thought of using a circle. I was only thinking about a square or rectangular base.
November 03, 2012 01:50PM
You can also get Misumi 60 degree extrusions which is how I'm planning to go (check out HFC60A5-20). 6 of these and a dozen ~10" standard extrusion pieces as cross members attached with angle brackets or plates and you have a frame where you can hang the 3 MakerSlides
December 12, 2012 11:28AM
Some news about this project ??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login