Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He3D delta dlt-180 issues

Posted by mojochris 
He3D delta dlt-180 issues
December 29, 2015 02:16AM
I'm in the process of building a He3D delta and I've got a USB issue and I'm waiting on a new Mega so for now I can't hook it to the computer but I've been testing the stepper motors and I've got them working, but they are moving way to far and too fast. I'm using the move axis commands from the LCD panel. I've followed their instructions exactly for building (and added the jumpers under the drivers). Any idea what I need to change to get this thing to move correctly? right now if I tell it to move in any direction .1mm I have to hit the power switch before it runs into one of the rails.

Does anybody have a better firmware configuration file I could use? The one they sent is partially in Chinese and while I've made the value changes they've requested I'm having a heck of a time reading it... and based on how bad the build instructions were I can't even confirm it's for the right machine.

Thanks

C.
Re: He3D delta dlt-180 issues
December 30, 2015 05:10AM
Using ramps ive had a lot of success with rich cattells marlin for deltas, it features auto calibration if you have a z probe. You'll need to measure your delta diagonal rod length and other settings but once you have reasonably close values the auto calibration takes care of the rest.

Your printer might have wrong values for x y and z steps per mm or the feed rate might be too high. Does it home?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 05:22AM by DjDemonD.
Re: He3D delta dlt-180 issues
December 30, 2015 11:37AM
Thanks!
I switched to a different firmware then what the kit provided and I've got it working now. While I like the design of this printer, I will say the instructions provided are awful, and I'm pretty sure the configuration details they gave me are not for this printer. On to different issues now but at least it's moving as expecting and will home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login