Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My DELTA stop randomly !

Posted by lolocaledo 
My DELTA stop randomly !
January 06, 2016 07:28AM
Hello,

I've already talk about this problem. After trying many manner of print, I am printing now with GCODE file on SDCARD.
Randomly, my printer stops and immediatly the heater stops and stops to move.
This is the result of M122 command just after stop:

Last reset 03:57:39 ago, cause: power up
Last software reset code & available RAM: 0x0003, 2724
Spinning module during software reset: GCodes
Last message before reset: Move class exited.
Error status: 0

It seems to be a reset of the Duet but is it possible to analyse this code ?
Re: My DELTA stop randomly !
January 06, 2016 09:03AM
can you post firmware? Just off the top it sounds like diagnostic is triggering a pin that causes brownout.

A general way to narrow it down is to go through each line and rem it out till you find the one causing problem , but lemmie check out your code first, I may be able to lighten that load a bit more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 09:03AM by DrDoggy.
Re: My DELTA stop randomly !
January 06, 2016 06:33PM
Assuming that you didn't power the machine down and up again or press the reset button after the machine reset itself, the reset data indicates that you had a power brownout. I think either you have an unreliable mains supply, or you have a poor power connection in the printer, for example the screws in the power input terminal block on the Duet may be loose (this happens quite commonly if you connect stranded core wire to them without using bootlace ferrules).

You can increase the resilience of the Duet processor to brownouts by connecting a large capacitor (e.g. 1000uF) in parallel with C3. I did this on my original Duet when I suspected I was having power brownouts. However, the motors will probably lose steps during the brownout, so it may not save the print.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 06:35PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login