Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Head tilting for dual nozzle

Posted by sungod3k 
Head tilting for dual nozzle
January 17, 2016 12:33PM
Hi,

as Im embarking on my dual nozzle journey I wonder if there is any firmware/host that supports head tilting. The spiderbot seems to use that already [www.spiderbot.eu] and it would be interesting to test at least.

Cheers
Re: Head tilting for dual nozzle
January 17, 2016 12:56PM
I was planning to add this to RepRapFirmware when I get round to building the hardware. I can add it sooner if you like. What is the tilting mechanism, a solenoid, servo, voice coil, or something else?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 17, 2016 01:07PM
It looks like there is a servor on top and that seems the easiest solution. (and could also be build into cartesian printers).

However I wonder if it wouldnt be simpler (in contruction terms) to tilt not the nozzle on a horizontal effector but the whole effector instead. Its certainly within the range of movement to move the effector tilted.

No time pressure smiling smiley if you put it in in some months I will certainly be happy to test it.
January 17, 2016 01:33PM
sungod3k
It looks like there is a servor on top and that seems the easiest solution. (and could also be build into cartesian printers).

However I wonder if it wouldnt be simpler (in contruction terms) to tilt not the nozzle on a horizontal effector but the whole effector instead. Its certainly within the range of movement to move the effector tilted.

My plan is to tilt one of the carriages, so as to keep the mass of the effector low.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 17, 2016 01:38PM
exactly, eliminating a tilt mechasim makes the effector design simpler.
Ill design an effector where the nozzles are angled and align with one of the carriages.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login