Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.85 Problems controling fan 0

Posted by MatissB 
Duet 0.85 Problems controling fan 0
February 13, 2016 10:40AM
Hello!

I have a duet 0.85 and I cannot control any of the PWM fans. They just turn on when I turn on the printer, and basically act the same as the "ALWAYS ON" hotend fan. Is there any way of fixing this?

Thanks, Matiss
Re: Duet 0.85 Problems controling fan 0
February 13, 2016 05:23PM
Which firmware version are you using? What commands have you used to try to control the fan speed?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 15, 2016 05:10AM
Hello!
Thank you for your reply.
I am using this firmware at the moment: 1.09k-dc42.
So far I've just tried controlling it via PanelDue (just setting the fan speed there).
What concerns me is that the fan is allready on when I turn on the printer - I think it should turn on only when I turn it on via panel due or enable it when printing?

Thanks, Matiss
February 15, 2016 07:24AM
MatissB
Hello!
Thank you for your reply.
I am using this firmware at the moment: 1.09k-dc42.
So far I've just tried controlling it via PanelDue (just setting the fan speed there).
What concerns me is that the fan is allready on when I turn on the printer - I think it should turn on only when I turn it on via panel due or enable it when printing?

Thanks, Matiss

I rewrote the Duet 0.8.5 fan control subsequent to version 1.09k, so I suggest you upgrade to 1.09m or 1.09r. If you have a M106 I1 command in config.g, you will need to remove it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 18, 2016 04:50AM
Just updated the firmware and that worked perfectly! Thank you!

However, a new issue popped up, tho this probably isn't software related.
I have 3x 25mm fans for layer cooling and when I control them via PanelDue, only 2 of them respond to changes. The third one only kicks in at 100%. Any idea why this might be happening? Here's a link to a photo of my setup.
February 18, 2016 06:27AM
I assume you have all three fans wired in parallel. Not all fans respond well to PWM, so if the three are not all of the same make and model, that may be the problem. Adjusting the PWM frequency using the F parameter in the M106 P0 command may help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login