Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta printing inverted (mirrored) X?

Posted by ncshooter426 
Delta printing inverted (mirrored) X?
March 06, 2016 11:39AM
I've almost got this delta dialed in, but I noticed odd behavior:

When homing all axis, sometimes one will stop short of actually contacting endstop. If you home (G28) again, it will creep up and eventually make contact. It doesn't seem to matter which axis it is, if one makes contact, the others slow and may/may not make contact (if they weren't centered to begin with).

Other issue:
Prints are coming out inverted on the X axis. They show up fine in cura/repetier (with slic3r) but will be mirrored when they actually print. If you mirror them on the X in software, they will print correctly (but show as mirrored in the tool). Verified that the motor wiring is correct, and the issue doesn't follow a specific motor -- so It's something in marlin I have set.

Ideas?
Re: Delta printing inverted (mirrored) X?
March 06, 2016 12:26PM
Hi ncshooter,
Allow me to throw in some stuff.

Are you using Machinekit (Linuxcnc)?
Your .ini setting are off somehow.
Do you have your end stops linked in series or separate connected to the specific controller pins?
If in series, the first end stop reached will win.
March 06, 2016 12:31PM
evandene
Hi ncshooter,
Allow me to throw in some stuff.

Are you using Machinekit (Linuxcnc)?
Your .ini setting are off somehow.
Do you have your end stops linked in series or separate connected to the specific controller pins?
If in series, the first end stop reached will win.

Negative, not using Machinekit.

Endstops are each connected to their respective pins. XYZ each to max, Z to min (hotend autolevel sensor).
March 06, 2016 03:42PM
So tell us what electronics and firmware you are using, then some of may be able to help you with the homing issue.

The mirrored printing normally means you have assigned the XYZ towers incorrectly. Convention is that the X tower is front left, the Y tower is front right, and the Z tower is back centre.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 06, 2016 09:22PM
dc42
So tell us what electronics and firmware you are using, then some of may be able to help you with the homing issue.

The mirrored printing normally means you have assigned the XYZ towers incorrectly. Convention is that the X tower is front left, the Y tower is front right, and the Z tower is back centre.

Electronics - Arduino + Ramps 1.4 (EFF, since it's a non-heated build). Firmware 1.0.x (whatever the previous non-RC build was, I can look later).

I will check the tower config, but I I was pretty sure it was X<-->Y and Z rear on the triangle. I will check again, cheap insurance smiling smiley It prints very well, just have to remember to mirror everything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login