Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mirroring issue[Solved]

Posted by ollyreprap 
Mirroring issue[Solved]
March 19, 2016 11:14AM
First off thanks to everyone here.... My delta is finally working and working well*. Other than a bit of cable management and sorting out the second extruder it's printing nicely, (see pic link if you're interested).
Particular thanks to dc42 whose design i based/modified.

Now I said working well. There is one remaining small issue. All my prints are mirrored. 95% of the time I don't notice it however when I printed a phone case and tried to fit it to my phone I quickly realised everything was reversed.
This is not a matter of rotation already tried all manner of orientations in slicer, everything's mirrored, laterally inverted.

The only thing I postulate it could be is all my motors are reversed in config, made wiring a bit easier. Didn't think this should cause an issue.
Thanks once again,
OLLY

[imgur.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 10:20AM by ollyreprap.
Re: Mirroring issue
March 19, 2016 04:25PM
You have your X and Y towers swapped. Looking from the front of the printer, X should be on the left, Y should be on the right, and Z at the back. So with power off, you probably need to swap the X and Y motor connectors on the Duet, and the X and Y endstop connectors.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 20, 2016 09:03AM
thanks dc42 for the reply.
I'll do that next chance I get, good to hear its a quick fix.
Out of interest, is there any way to do it in software?

thanks once again,

Olly
March 20, 2016 10:14AM
There is a gcode that lets you swap the motor drivers around, but not one for swapping the endstop connections.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 20, 2016 10:20AM
Ok Thanks

Olly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login