Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Kossel Build, Wrong Wheels?

Posted by craigc123 
New Kossel Build, Wrong Wheels?
March 22, 2016 08:28AM
Hi,

Hopefully a simple question and I'm hoping I haven't messed up on the first step. I'm going to try and build myself a Kossel Mini, using my i3 for the printed parts, using rollers for the motion instead of linear guides.
The suppliers in the UK seem very expensive for the aluminium parts so I'm using aliexpress which may be my downfall.

I've ordered a set of these:
[www.aliexpress.com]

and I was hoping to use them against:
[www.aliexpress.com]

but looking now at the diagrams it looks like its plain 20x20 t bar. Will the wheels work with this bar or do I need to try and find a set of wheels?

Thanks

Craig.
Re: New Kossel Build, Wrong Wheels?
March 22, 2016 12:29PM
Wheel are wrong you will need these aliexpress and why not linear rail im building a mini kossel buying from ali express too just buying parts i got linear rail they aint 100 % perfect but i have more faith in them then using wheels. also alluminium parts for corners, i aint going to assemble it until i got parts together as im also got a i3 so being printing upgrades for it as a go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2016 12:37PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
March 22, 2016 01:40PM
Reading the specs, the wheels you linked are the same except for the second V which wouldn't touch any surface, is there something I've missed?

I looked at linear rails but with the suspect quality on so many and the high price I went down the roller option.

thanks
March 22, 2016 05:31PM
the wheerl you put are for open rail thats why they have a groove the ones i linked you too are rollers your after

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login