Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel XL nozzle dragging issues

Posted by Worstinator 
Kossel XL nozzle dragging issues
April 09, 2016 04:31PM
Hello,

I have encountered an issue with my Kossel XL, that after printing about 100 layers (~4cm in height) or more the nozzle starts dragging over my print. This will usually end in my print being dragged around by the printer and ruining my print..
My nozzle size is 0.6mm, the layer height is 0.4mm and I'm printing ABS at around 225°C.
So I started googling and concluded that it might be an over extrusion issue. I first measured the extrusion lenght of my extruder and found out, that he extruded 98mm of filament when I set the extrusion to 100mm, which is OK I guess.
Then I manually set the extrusion width to around 1.4x the layer height (0.4mm), which is 5,6mm and printed a cube with only one perimeter to see, if the wall in the end really is 5.6mm. After one print I set the extrusion multiplier to 0.92 and printed it again. The width of the wall now was 5.6mm, just like the extrusion width in Slic3r.
So I guessed the extrusion rate was ok. But after another try of printing the object i encountered the same problem and not only with this object but also with another object I tried to print.
It might be good to know that I drilled that 0.6mm nozzle myself from a nozzle which originally was 0.4mm, so I dont know if it is exactly 0.6mm and if this could be a problem.
I even measured some of the infill from the top of my print and the width was about 0.55mm each, so I doubt that it could be an over extrusion issue, or am I wrong?
Normally people have the nozzle dragging issue at the start of their prints, but I cant understand why it only starts after about an hour of printing at heights of 40mm or more.
The print itself looks quiet ok for me even if there are still lots of fine tuning issues to fix.
I'm glad for any advise or help from you guys.

Worstinator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2016 05:23PM by Worstinator.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20160409_222024328.jpg (327.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_20160409_222028425.jpg (410.9 KB)
Re: Kossel XL nozzle dragging issues
April 11, 2016 05:01AM
Not sure but check the bowden tube side force that can effect the carriage and nozzle movement in the z axis. With the height increase side force from bowden tube can be increase and cause this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login