Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Settings / Config files

Posted by jamesarm97b 
Settings / Config files
August 03, 2012 10:06AM
Does anyone have any slic3r or replicatorg / skeinforge configure files for the Rostock? Using pronterface and slic3r and an object located in the center of the bed it wants to print way off to the side and hits the limits. I have to move the object to the bottom left corner and then it prints in the center of the bed on the rostock. I have the bed size set to 200x200x400. Should I change the offset to -100/-100? I haven't had to do this before (coming from the makerbot world).

Also, what is the best way to slice something for printing using a pen attachment? I only need one layer sliced but don't see that option like I have in replicatorg. Also when printing from pronterface with just a pen it stops because of the temperature monitor. Is there a way to disable that? I even tried setting the temps to 0 and only printing from the SD card work.

Is there a way to save a file to the SD card directly (reader) and not through the serial interface in Pronterface? Is the file on the sd card just a standard gcode file with a .g extension? It takes way to long over serial.
Re: Settings / Config files
August 03, 2012 10:18AM
Johan has linked this slic3r configuration from the wiki: [github.com]

I believe you can disable the 'prevent cold extrusion' safety with 'M302'.

Changing the offset seems like an easy fix - but I'm not at stage with my Rostock yet winking smiley
August 03, 2012 01:27PM
In slicer just change your print center to X: 0 and Y: 0 and you should be good to go! everything else should be fine the way it is I believe.
October 24, 2013 11:15PM
Having the same problem with my rostock delta, it wants to print on the right rear of the bed, or pronterface displays at the front left corner and won't print... Someone must have a correct answer to this.
October 25, 2013 05:59AM
slicer ini file needs:
print_center = 0,0
pronterface ini file (.pronsolerc) needs:
set build_dimensions 200.00x200.00x300.00-100.00-100.00+0.00+0.00+0.00+0.00
build dimensionas are (200x200) and (-100,-100) are (X,Y) offsets
October 26, 2013 09:56AM
Ok, I am successful after using the following:

Arduino:

#define X_MAX_POS 90
#define X_MIN_POS -90
#define Y_MAX_POS 90
#define Y_MIN_POS -90
#define Z_MAX_POS MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS
#define Z_MIN_POS 0

#define X_MAX_LENGTH (X_MAX_POS - X_MIN_POS)
#define Y_MAX_LENGTH (Y_MAX_POS - Y_MIN_POS)
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH (Z_MAX_POS - Z_MIN_POS)

// The position of the homing switches
#define MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS // If defined, MANUAL_*_HOME_POS below will be used
//#define BED_CENTER_AT_0_0 // If defined, the center of the bed is at (X=0, Y=0)

//Manual homing switch locations:
// For deltabots this means top and center of the cartesian print volume.
#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 450 // For delta: Distance between nozzle and print surface after homing.

Slic3r:

Bed size: x 180 y 180
Print center x 0 y 0
z offset 0

Relative E distances unchecked.

Pronterface :

Width 180 Depth 180 Height 450
x offset -90 y offset -90 z offset 0
x home pos. 0.00 y home pos. 0.00 z home pos. 450.00

Now my wishlist is this. The display on my Geeetech LCD does not show negative x or y values.... how can I get it to show these???

Jeff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login