Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buy Aluminum extrusion

Posted by Andreabs 
Buy Aluminum extrusion
May 20, 2016 03:46PM
Which are the best and biggest seller? Is there any different colour? Painted for example?thumbs up
Re: Buy Aluminum extrusion
May 20, 2016 09:12PM
Biggest and best may not be the same. It will also depend on which continent you're closest to. There are lots of different colors available from the manufacturers. You can also have them anodized or powder coated in any color. Paint usually doesn't work very well without a thorough preparation because aluminum oxidizes very fast and paint doesn't stick well to the oxide.

You should go to each manufacturer and check their specifications to meet your needs. Tolerance for straightness, length, width, etc. should all be taken into account.

Or you could just buy from Misumi smiling smiley
May 21, 2016 04:27AM
Thanks for your reply... maybe there are also different colors on anodizing as well... i will check ... you suggested me to check each manufacturer.. is there any list of them somewhere?
May 21, 2016 02:39PM
I have had good results from www.8020.net. Fast service and reasonable prices.,but as stated above it depends on where you are located
May 22, 2016 08:45AM
I've seen the website and seems great... Unfortunately I'm quite far from Indiana... I'm based in Italy so maybe there is something similar in Europe? Maybe Misumi and 8020 could both ship in Europe but I think should be easier and cheaper some thing directly in Europe... Ahhhh otherwise I could move in USA .. Should be a not bad idea! smileys with beer
May 22, 2016 09:35AM
Try Motedis, that's who I bought my extrusions from.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 22, 2016 10:16AM
dc42
Try Motedis, that's who I bought my extrusions from.

Second that and they are based in Southern Germany (Black Forest area I believe) They will cut to size free

www.motedis.com

Doug
May 23, 2016 01:02AM
Hello,

I've ordered all my aluminium profile to www.openbuilds.com. Good price and quick shipment.
You can find aluminium on AliExpress but for a big quantity.
May 25, 2016 05:29AM
I have seen these extrusion on Aliexpress. This one [goo.gl] .The seller can cut it for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login