Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My dumb PCB effector

Posted by kasom 
My dumb PCB effector
August 09, 2017 05:00AM
This is my version of PCB effector and carriage, inspired by dc42's PCB effector. The differences are:

- Bare PCB, without any electronics.
- M4 holes for the magnetic balls instead of M3.
- 60mm arm space.
- 2mm thickness

To create the PCB, use the attached dxf files to define the PCBs' outline.

PS: I made some mistakes in putting the axis' label in the wrong location, so it's definitely a dumb (as me, the owner) PCB effector.

Attachments:
open | download - carriage60mm.dxf (93.5 KB)
open | download - effector60mm.dxf (94.6 KB)
Re: My dumb PCB effector
August 09, 2017 05:11AM
To mount the 3 color diamond hot-end, I use a modified Kharar's cooler's shield from Thingiverse. I'll put the modified version to Thingiverse later.

August 09, 2017 05:21AM
To mount the E3D v6 or clone's groove mount, use 3 PCBs stacking in the different angles. It's a tight fit.

August 09, 2017 05:34AM
Looks good! I've been wondering how a Diamond can be mounted on the effector of a delta, and that looks like a good solution.

Do the heatsinks foul the rods in certain effector positions? If so, would it be better or worse if you rotate the Diamond through 60 degrees by re-drilling the 3 mounting holes?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 09, 2017 05:57AM
dc42
Do the heatsinks foul the rods in certain effector positions? If so, would it be better or worse if you rotate the Diamond through 60 degrees by re-drilling the 3 mounting holes?

It's close to. I think you're right, I should have rotated the mounting holes, or at least put 3 more holes as an alternative.
August 09, 2017 08:00AM
could you lists all parts to build one?
it s hard to find ball magnetic
what is the id/od diam of you rod? do you share the file for you blue part where magnet is inside?
dc42 design is really great!
August 09, 2017 09:18AM
I'm using RobotDigg's carbon tube. 450mm/5mm/8mm.

Magnetics + balls from 3D_HOME/AliExpress. They have M4 hole, so you'll need 12 x M4 screws (I forgot the length, will check tomorrow) + 12 x M4 nyloc nut nuts.

The magnetic mount: rod-end.scad

The PCBs were made by EasyEDA by importing the DXF files to their PCB edtior to define the border outline. Texts and graphics were added using the editor.

Hope this helps.

The magnetic mount should be printed upside down (magnetic side up)

August 09, 2017 09:33AM
thanks it s great
could you export rod-end.scad to thingiverse?it will be easier for everybody to use them and everybody could see it
August 09, 2017 10:06AM
[www.aliexpress.com]

this magnet seem more powerful but 1MM longer than yours

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2017 10:07AM by titeuf007.
August 10, 2017 12:01AM
I've uploaded all related files to Thingiverse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login