Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to install a 'Sick' industrial sensor on a Delta printer

Posted by SannyGT 
Trying to install a 'Sick' industrial sensor on a Delta printer
January 24, 2018 02:28PM
Hello folks,

I am trying to build a auto level system for my Delta printer 'Kossel K800 XL.'
I tried to do is this manually with bending corrections for weeks but its just impossible to get is right.
So thats why i am installing a autoprobe sensor on my machine to fix the problem once and for all.
I have found a industrial sick sensor that is very precise. But i am not sure how to config and connect it into
my driver (Repetier host.)

i would be glad you you folks could help me out

best regards,

SannyGT

Specs:

Sensor Sick WTB160T-F412
Motherboard: Minitronics V1,1
Picture: [www.sannydays.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2018 02:28PM by SannyGT.
Re: Trying to install a 'Sick' industrial sensor on a Delta printer
January 25, 2018 02:43AM
I've found a brief datasheet of the Sick sensor, but they didn't say if it has analogue or digital output? A digital output connects the same way as any other endstop or Z-probe microswitch.

IDK if Repetier has the means to run one of DC42 IR sensors, but it would be much smaller and lighter too.
Re: Trying to install a 'Sick' industrial sensor on a Delta printer
January 25, 2018 03:12AM
You can use that sensor there is a lot of info about using industrial proximity sensors on 3d printers. But it isn't always easy, depends on the sensor and there are a lot of variants, they're large, heavy and offset from the nozzle, and often work on voltages incompatible with your 3d printer without using voltage dividers, regulators or relays.

There are much better sensors especially for deltas ones that use the nozzle as the probe, they're light, no offsets and work on 5v or 3.3v, accurate to 0.01mm and repeatable to 0.005mm. See my signature.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login