Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet .85 Updated to Firmware 1.20 = Dead board

Posted by DRTak 
Duet .85 Updated to Firmware 1.20 = Dead board
May 29, 2018 06:43PM
Im about to stop 3D printing forever. I was happily printing on my Delta (Kossel Mini). Then I got the bright idea to upgrade the firmware from 1.18.1 to 1.21. I didnt realize you cannot do it out of order. I also updated my Panel Due 2.0 4.3" screen firmeware to 1.2. Now I cannot connect to the Duet. The PanelDue works but thats it. No internet connection either.

I backtracked and at one time successfully use SAMBA to reflash the board to 1.18.1 but still had no internet on the machine. And oddly Paneldue firmware 1.2 kinda worked with that. But I got worried reflashed Panel due back to 1.15beta3.

Final setup
PanelDue firmware 1.15 beta3
Duet firmware reflashed back from 1.2 to 1.18.1
Kossel Delta Printer Rebuilt with 100% metal frame
DC42 IR probe.
Duet 0.8.5 board

Had to use SAMBA because bossa said there is no COM port? Also, the device will only list when I push the erase button on the duet board.

Once I successfully reflashed using SAMBA the board died in the sense that I cannot control the printer from the Paneldue screen and I cannot connect via a wired internet connection to my printer. Paneldue just says CONNECTING.....

So I reflashed using SAMBA to 1.18.2 no success. Reflashed back to 1.18.1 nothing. The board doesnt seem to work? I checked the paneldue sd card button and it says no files?

How can I check just the Duet board to see if the firmware flash worked? Is my board really dead? Is it time for DuetEthernet 2.0?

Please help I have been working on this from 9am til 5pm. It is driving me nuts

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2018 06:52PM by DRTak.
Attachments:
open | download - pic.jpg (578.7 KB)
Re: Duet .85 Updated to Firmware 1.20 = Dead board
May 30, 2018 02:12AM
Some users of older Duets find that with the IP address set to zeros to use DHCP, the board won't boot using recent firmware versions. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this because my own Duet06 and Duet085 boards both boot up fine. From the crash dumps provided I identified that the crash was occurring in the DHCP client code within the Lwip library, but I was unable to pin down the root cause.

Setting a static IP address in the M552 command resolves the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2018 02:12AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 30, 2018 02:24AM

Im about to stop 3D printing forever.

Don't be such a cry-baby! winking smiley I went through the same dilemma with RADDS and my DuetWiFis, but once you've taken the hurdle upgrading from 1.18 to 1.21 it's a piece of cake since then. Just follow the manual and don't try to take shortcuts.
Re: Duet .85 Updated to Firmware 1.20 = Dead board SOLVED
May 30, 2018 08:24AM
Well I do sound like a cry baby after I re read my post. LOL

I DO have it set to static and it still doesnt boot up.

I just commented out the M552 command and it didnt work either. I still have no control over the mainboard. Paneldue just says connecting?

Is there anyway to access the mainboard and see if it is flashed correctly?

I followed the instructions on [duet3d.dozuki.com] and [duet3d.dozuki.com]

I disconnected power and the panel due. The bossa port is listed in device manager. I can connect via repetier to the Duet 085 via serial port 17. I cannot connect via serial port via Pronterface.

I am confused on which firmware to upload to the system I guess now. I think I will try and reflash to RepRapFirmware-1.18.1.bin on the duet 085. And see if that works? And I noticed that on the web page [github.com] under Other changes it says that M552 will not work but M586 does. My duet 085 is wired of course. Could not having M586 in the config.g file be the issue?

Also in SAMBA the chip is: at91sam4e8-ek right?

UPDATE: I just reflashed using SAMBA. I hit reset and with the board still connect to my laptop, under device manager the words DUET 3D electronics does not pop up? The usb connection to the duet isnt detected by windows on any port of my laptop?

SOLVED: I thought I was using a Duet 085. No idea why. But after checking, I read the version number of the board, I bought a Duet ETHERNET. So I was flashing the wrong firmware. I got the system to work. Thats what I get for giving up the hobby for 1 year and trying to go back to using a 3D printer.

Olampe and DC42 thanks. I was a cry baby and Im glad I kept trying to resolve why it didnt work.

Final setup
PanelDue firmware 1.20 15b1
Duet Ethernet v1 firmware 2.0 RC6
Duet Web Control 1.21 RC4
Kossel Delta Printer Rebuilt with 100% metal frame
DC42 IR probe.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2018 03:52PM by DRTak.
June 09, 2018 12:14PM
thats good news

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
June 09, 2018 12:27PM
@DRTak, upgrading the Duet Ethernet firmware from 1.18.1 to 1.20 by uploading the new firmware binary file through the Settings->General tab of DWC should have worked. Can you remember what happened when you tried it?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login