Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS+Marlin - Endstops not working - REALLY need help

Posted by StlLooking 
RAMPS+Marlin - Endstops not working - REALLY need help
January 09, 2019 02:12PM
Hi, this is driving me nuts. Decided to put a Mega+RAMPS in the Delta Linear Plus so that I can use a TFT32 touch screen.

I installed Marlin 1.1.9 and it's all good except only one endstop toggles between "open" and "TRIGGERED" and that's Z- for the probe.

I have spent 4 hours searching and trying stuff and finally I am here to ask for help. smiling smiley
I have gone back to the LCD that came with the Anycubic, a 20 x 4 simple LCD until I can get it working.

Only the Z-MIN works None of the other endstops change state.
I move steppers up and down with "Prepare" menu, bed and hotend both heat up but cannot home.
When I try "auto home," each stepper makes a small jump then stops, probably sensing an already "triggered" endstop.
I have another RAMPS shield and it does exactly the same thing.

I am ready to try anything at this point, well, short of putting the Trigorllia board back in.

Any and all suggestions will be gratefully tried. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2019 02:13PM by StlLooking.
Re: RAMPS+Marlin - Endstops not working - REALLY need help
February 04, 2019 09:02PM
A couple thoughts...

• What type of endstops are used for max? Are they bare switches, switches on circuit boards with LEDs, photo-interrupt sensors, or ??
  • How many wires are on each switch?
  • Do you have a meter to measure ohms/continuity?
  • Please attach a copy of your Configuration.h

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Re: RAMPS+Marlin - Endstops not working - REALLY need help
February 05, 2019 04:19AM
Check that endstops work with M119. Issue the command and check how the result changes when you press/release endstops with your hand.
Looks like endstop pull-ups are not setup well or endstop inversion setting should be negated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login