Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Dimensional calculations (accel/speed/resolution)

Posted by bberger 
2 Dimensional calculations (accel/speed/resolution)
March 10, 2020 12:55PM
I have been trying to find anything for this now for about 2 weeks, but I'm tapping in the dark..

What I'd like to find out is:
  • acceleration / speed on the inner vs outer regions of the buildplate
  • same for resolution

How can I calculate this?
Re: 2 Dimensional calculations (accel/speed/resolution)
March 10, 2020 02:13PM
Hot end speed and acceleration is the same as specified in the config file regardless of the hot end position if you use Repetier firmware. this was not true for Marlin in the past. I do not know about other firmwares.

If you want to compute relationship between hot end and carriage speed/acceleration along some line then:
  • define the line parametrically based on time parameter and constant speeds of your choice; do it either in delta space or cartesian space
  • take the equations for delta kinematics and substitute the coordinates of interest with the parametric definitions from the previous point
  • solve for coordinates you are interested in, divide them by time and you will get the relationship between speeds
  • differentiate previous result by time to get accelerations

To get relationship between resolutions, just differentiate the kinematics equations defining coordinates in one space by the coordinates of the other space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 02:15PM by hercek.
March 10, 2020 02:22PM
I'm using RepRap Firmware and as far as I understand on a delta kinematic speed and acceleration values are set per tower 'axis' (which means carriage / vertical) - correct?

Or does it actually take values for a Cartesian kinematic for those and translates them to the appropriate values for the towers, hence tries to achieve constant hotend speed and acceleration values throughout the whole XY plane (hotend speed)?
March 10, 2020 06:33PM
RepRapFirmware applies the acceleration and speed limits you set to the Cartesian coordinates, not to the towers.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login