Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last axis to home drives away from stop switch

Posted by El Kabong 
Last axis to home drives away from stop switch
April 07, 2020 06:31PM
I loaded a 3D printer software and everything was working fine, then I did an update on the 3D printer software and now my third carriage to home moves away from the stop switch during home. I tried clicking the stop switch manually as the third carriage was to home but nothing happened. I read the software and the gantry height was all 9's when it should have been 315mm. I have Reprap software now but it does not have a gantry height entry and my Kossel delta-mini user interface seems to have no errors but I am not familiar with the printer's pre-programmed information. Do I need a replacement mother-board? Is my mother-board ruined? Is there a way to get the third carriage to home correctly using the printer user interface and changing any of the input data for the axes? Will unplugging the stepper motor to that axis and manually forcing that carriage to home help? Thank you for responding to my dilemma. I am not too technical with 3D printers so please use plain language.
Re: Last axis to home drives away from stop switch
April 08, 2020 03:04AM
If your printer is running RepRapFirmware, test that the motor for that tower works in both directions. See [duet3d.dozuki.com].

If it will go down but not up then only one of the phases of that motor is being energised. Likely causes are a bad crimp connection between the wire and the connector, or a failed driver.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login