Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird behavior and random height ! WTH I need your knowledge here !!

Posted by Glx463 
Weird behavior and random height ! WTH I need your knowledge here !!
March 06, 2021 02:46PM
Hi everyone who will take their time to read and (maybe) give me some advice...

To facilitate your understanding of my problem, I'll explain the step I went through, then follow with my printer behavior...

1) I set a random height in Marlin, upload it in Ramps, then hit "initialize" in the LCD menu to implement the now data.
2) From Repetier-Host, I connect, I "home".
3) The printer raise to home and come back in the middle, then I slowly bring the nozzle to the bed and find the zero with a sheet of paper.
4) I substract the remaining elevation from my initial height.
5) I disconnect from Repetier-Host, enter that new height in Marlin, re-upload, re"initialize" from the LCD, change the height in Repetiers-Host as well and reconnect with Repetiers-Host.

6) then I manually level the bed by moving the nozzle at those coordinate:

(x,y): (0,0), (50,0), (0,50), (-50, 0), (-50, -50)

I try to level the best I can and if the bed is convexe, I'll manually set the center as the highest point and all the other point to be equal. Most of the time, I can get 0,1mm all around and 0,2mm at the center.

7) From Repetiers-Host, I re-zero and redo the process (6) withtout reajusting the bed to make sure everything is according to the value I got...

8) I launch an auto calibration from the LCD menu. After the sequence, I select "Store settings" to store the calibration data on the EEPROM, then select "load settings" From the EEPROM to the Ramps. Then I disconnect Repetiers-host.

9) I Enter the acquired value in Marlin and re-upload, re-initialize, check in "Delta settings" if the value are the same. If it's ok, I reconnect Repetiers-Host, home, and manually move the nozzle at the same coordinate to make sure everything work fine.

10) if it's all good, I launch a print...

Here is what happening...

11) the print sequence goes as normal: , it home then go at 15mm from the bed, the bed heat up, the hotend heats up, the hotend fan start and the nozzle go to initial location to print... then BANG, the nozzle goes hit the bed and seem to do the print at a lower z than I just level the bed...

I mounted my bed on spring, so nothing broke but it's annoying since I'm facing this issue for the past 3-4 day now and I can't fix it... I tried so many thing that I'm totally lost now and I don't know what to do.

As you can see, my approach now is kind of "one step, validate, go back, re-validate, one more step, re-re-validate, and so on" because I can't figure out the problem.

Everything seem to be ok but when I launch a print, that happen and I have no idea why. is it in the configuration of Cura itself ?

Any idea of suggestions to help me troubleshoot will be greatly appreciated !

Thank in advance smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2021 02:51PM by Glx463.
Re: Weird behavior and random height ! WTH I need your knowledge here !!
March 13, 2021 04:39PM
--SOLVED--
rq3
Re: Weird behavior and random height ! WTH I need your knowledge here !!
March 13, 2021 06:46PM
Glx463
--SOLVED--
Well, that tells us nothing! Care to share what you did?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login