Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

connecting (with cura?) to acustom Delta printer via USB

Posted by spikey1973 
connecting (with cura?) to acustom Delta printer via USB
April 23, 2023 11:46AM
Hello to all,

I am rebuilding my old Geeetech G2s pro delta printer.

Basically I have build an outer frame around the original to increase stability and changed everything else besides the stepper motors.
As mainboard i use a MKS robin nano v3.1 with for now marlin 2.0.9.2 running on it. (thanks to great help of Dust)

Now i am stuck going to the next part, calibrations

At first I tried to move the hotends around using the marlin LGVL_ui. "tool / move / z- (10mm).
If I do so the steppers do move it down.. but very twitchy and loud (using tmc 2226 with stealth chop active) but there is movement is observed.
After a few seconds after the first filling that first assignment (very very far from smooth)

It gives the error..: driver error, printer halted, please reset and then it turns off (probably because i have MKS PWC installed).
Additionally I should also say that I am not using the standard ball bearing lineair bearings but those plastic once (NOT for aliexpress),
to decrease overall load on the stepper motors.

so after that, I thought it would be a better option to stopplaying and connect to the board via cura.
But, since my printer isn't in the cura list. I had to choose custom FFFF, but this seems to be a cartesian style printer and mine is a delta and no clear options to change that. (only square and oval print beds)
So I was wondering where to go from there.
Should I kind create a .json style setup for my printer? or are there other better ways?

Additionally, I don't know exactly what stepper motors the original g2s pro uses.
Today I recieved a msg from Geeetech though saying:

we do not have specifications: only know the model is like 42SHD0034-20B

So now I am also wondering.. since I changed my setup from 12v to 24v
with 220v for the bed heater. I set my Vref (tmc 2226) to 850mV as they should be 1.5A capable steppers.
Does the 24V on the system have any influence on the stepper motors? should I upgrade these?

the TMC2226 have a Voltage Range 4.75... 29V DC, so 24V is oke.
the board is also 12v and 24V capable.
I set the board as 24V in marlin.

Kind greats

Matthieu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2023 11:59AM by spikey1973.
Re: connecting (with cura?) to acustom Delta printer via USB
April 26, 2023 04:31AM
Bear with me, its been a while since I've used Marlin.

To control the printer via USB use [www.pronterface.com] I tried to setup a profile on cura for my Delta a few days, but despite setting all the parameters it keeps reverting to a rectangular bed. Superslicer works perfectly for my setup so im not changing anything.

If it says driver error, it has to do with the settings of the driver. Check your microstepping settings, maybe thats the issue. This is a hardware problem and no software interface will be able to fix it be it pronterface or cura or what have you. Also if possible please upload a video, it will help with understanding what the exact problem is.
Re: connecting (with cura?) to acustom Delta printer via USB
April 29, 2023 05:55AM
@lohiaprateek

oke, so superslicer it is then! that is a good way to start.

yeah it says driver error, I will go and check the micro stepping settings. but it is supposed to be uart connection, so those are still set in the software (although it will have effects hardware based.).
Do need to check, that the assumed uarts connection is working, one of the things i was planning to use cura for..

I also believe thewre mightbean issue with the speeds setting (moving, homing en excelleration), as most of these were picked sort of randomly.
I will go and try to find a proper online calculator for these tasks. (any suggestions?)

If the problem remains, i will post a video.. grinning smiley

Thanks for yur input! much appreciated.

Kind greats

Matthieu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login