Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap 3DR Delta printer Released

Posted by richrap 
Re: RepRap 3DR Delta printer Released
November 05, 2014 08:42AM
Ok, thanks for the info. I ended up keeping the rods and having a smaller build volume. I can live with that.

I have another question. How does one know/test which way the magnet for the hall sensors has to go? I have not powered up the board yet...

Thanks.
November 06, 2014 02:35AM
Nicolinux,
Its really easy. Just power it up and bring a magnet close, one face and then the other to the sensor.
The endstop should light when the magnet is facing one way, just mark that side.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
November 06, 2014 07:08AM
Cool, thanks. That's really easy for a change smiling smiley
April 20, 2015 07:57AM
Hi there.

I love the idea for these extenders - have you published the stl files anywhere?

Mafiu
April 20, 2015 08:01AM
What do you mean?
April 20, 2015 08:54AM
The ones I designed are in Thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194631

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 08:55AM by dolphinboy.
April 23, 2015 09:27AM
Excellent - thank you dolphinboy I've had problems finding them online - searching for the wrong thing. Thats great. Thanks

Mafiu
July 11, 2015 09:30AM
Hi all! I've been following this thread for a while and decided to start building one. I recently got my first printer- one that recently got to production from kickstarter. I started printing parts and much to my dismay, it doesn't perform anywhere near as well as promised. Besides that, The print area is so small that I have to redesign Rich's parts in Solidworks into smaller interlocking pieces, creating more margin for error and less structural integrity. Not worth it. I have all the hardware and am dying to get past this printing bottleneck. Is there anyone(preferably near/in Utah) that would be so kind as to accept my list of parts I need and work on figuring a quote to print them?
July 11, 2015 12:47PM
Hi,

Let me guess - the M3D printer? smiling smiley
If everything else fails, take a look at 3D Hubs. I am sure you'll find someone near you. [www.3dhubs.com]
July 19, 2015 11:39AM
Ha...Ha ha. You're good. That's exactly what it is smiling smiley
July 19, 2015 04:22PM
I sold mine on eBay and will build a tall 3DR instead...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login