Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help setting up new large scale delta 3d printer

Posted by Michael.i 
Need help setting up new large scale delta 3d printer
September 08, 2013 05:29AM
Hey there. I have just finished building the large scale 3d delta style printer, but am having some trouble with firmware setup.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there willing to help a new guy.

I would love Some help either via these forums, or maybe Skype if that's an option. I don't think that I need much help, just all these settings have me flustered.

Please, if you can help, I don't mind tossing a couple bucks your way. (If this is against tos or anything, I apologize in advance) I just really need some help, and there are no local reprappers in my area I can talk to.

Thanks in advance, cheers

Michael

Ps, I have attached a picture of the printer so far.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (391.4 KB)
Re: Need help setting up new large scale delta 3d printer
September 10, 2013 03:29PM
Have you thought about adding some structural supports to the frame? I am assuming that you are using 8mm smooth rods and some lm8uu bearings and it looks like the smooth rods are the only support which could cause a huge amount of flex and also the top and bottom twisting in opposite directions.
September 10, 2013 03:39PM
You bet I have thought about it. Lol.
I will be making a wall hung shelf specifically for the delta, and it will be fixed to the shelf at the bottom and attached firmly to the wall of my garage at the top. It will need to shake the 2x6 studs to move.

Still having trouble understanding how to setup the marlin firmware tho. Do you have a delta?
September 10, 2013 03:58PM
I am working on one but I am still in the stages of designing the frame and acquiring all of the parts which shouldnt take too much longer. As for the firmware I am not far enough along to start trouble shooting issues so I am afraid I will not be much help in that area. Once I get farther along in my build maybe we can help each other out with firmware issues.
September 10, 2013 04:00PM
Sounds like a plan. What part of the world do you call home?

BC Canada here
September 10, 2013 04:13PM
North Georgia United States here
October 14, 2013 11:26AM
What issues are you having with firmware? I have a 3' original Rostock and have used both Marlin and Repetier. Marlin for me had stuttering issues, and so I switched to Repetier. The problem I find with Repetier is that 2 hour+ prints will freeze, so I always print from the SD card slot for large prints.

-Ben
October 24, 2013 11:54PM
Looks good, I am also wading thru the firmware stuff.

I have the regular rostock 3', marlin, and pronterface.

Getting close..... We can work together on this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login