Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET Question

Posted by disneytoy 
DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET Question
December 16, 2013 12:45AM
From Marlin configuration.h

// Horizontal offset of the universal joints on the end effector.
#define DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET 30.0 // mm

The distance from the pivot point of the Rod to the center of the Jgead on the end effector is 30mm.

Do they mean the mid point between the two parallel rods? If so it should me 17.5mm.

This is not proportional but which measurement is correct?

Re: DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET Question
December 16, 2013 04:53AM
disneytoy
Do they mean the mid point between the two parallel rods? If so it should me 17.5mm.
Yes, the distance from the effector center to the middle point of the two pairs of u-joints is the right one.
December 16, 2013 12:18PM
good reference image

December 16, 2013 01:29PM
My only concern about that diagram, is the DELTA EFFECTOR OFFSET goes from the ro pivot point, to the next axis pivot rod . But wouldn't the Centerline be th absolute center of the effector? I think that drawing is inaccurate.
December 16, 2013 02:38PM
In the picture it goes from effector center to the middle point of the two pairs of u-joints.
December 16, 2013 03:06PM
December 16, 2013 03:21PM
disneytoy
My only concern about that diagram, is the DELTA EFFECTOR OFFSET goes from the ro pivot point, to the next axis pivot rod . But wouldn't the Centerline be th absolute center of the effector? I think that drawing is inaccurate.

Remember that the effector base is triangular so it appears off center in the side view...

December 16, 2013 03:50PM
Very helpful information. Thank you. Will have my arms fiished maybe tomorrow. Getting closer!!!

ddseeker
Maybe this will be clearer...

John's 3DR “Simple” Delta Printer Firmware Settings
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login