Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta hot end keeps melting plastic body

Posted by rm2014 
Delta hot end keeps melting plastic body
January 28, 2014 06:25PM
Im building a Delta Rostock, my j head gets so hot it melts the PEEK housing, its the second time its happened, I have noticed even when I set the temp in ponteprint to 200 it heats up to 230 then backs off to 200, I suspect the thermistor may have something to do with it, any advice on this problem and how to solve it, what settings should be?

# 500
Re: Delta hot end keeps melting plastic body
January 28, 2014 09:12PM
Have you tried calibrating your PID settings with M303 then editing your firmware?
January 29, 2014 08:39AM
Yea that definitely sounds like a PID issue. It sounds like you are WAY overshooting your target temperature.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
January 29, 2014 06:31PM
Thanks guys seems to have done sorted it out.

# 500
January 31, 2014 09:51AM
gmh39
Yea that definitely sounds like a PID issue. It sounds like you are WAY overshooting your target temperature.

I am still have a problem, when M303 C8 S100 it on pronter face it returns- Bed auto tune fail, temperature too high. Any thoughts advice on this?

# 500
February 01, 2014 05:42AM
rm2014
gmh39

I am still have a problem, when M303 C8 S100 it on pronter face it returns- Bed auto tune fail, temperature too high. Any thoughts advice on this?

In the code it is set that if it goes 40 degrees higher than whatever you told it to go to it will abort.
In the marlin firmware folder look in the file temperature.cpp line 284 it has this:

if(input > (temp + 40)) {
SERIAL_PROTOCOLLNPGM("PID Autotune failed! Temperature too high");
return;

Change the 40 to something higher to stop it failing. 80 would be an ok figure if you told it to only go to 100 degrees. Obviously you don't want to overheat it.
February 05, 2014 01:24PM
Ok that seems to have worked its now doing what I would expect thanks for the info.

One other question I have- is there a Delta rostock bed settings on slicer do you know I cannot seem to find one, but I hear a rumour? I am have trouble telling slicer 0,0 is at the centre of my bed, and so it tries to print off the bed?

# 500
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login