Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lib for a Kossel Delta Printer

Posted by ervays 
Lib for a Kossel Delta Printer
February 15, 2014 08:15PM
Hello,

I'm trying to build the delta Kossel 3d printer but im a beginner.

Im seeking they way to control the 3 steppers, a lib or something. Does anyone know something about that? Some old topic or something?

I gonna use an Arduino Mega, RAMPS 1.4 and 3 steppers Drivers.

My apologizes if i said something wrong. But, if im in a bad way, please tell me. I really want learn about this.

Many thanks!
Re: Lib for a Kossel Delta Printer
February 15, 2014 08:26PM
Are you referring to the Marlin or Repetier firmware that you can freely compile and install in your Arduino to run the printer? I *hope* that you aren't looking for Arduino libraries to write firmware from scratch.....
February 15, 2014 08:36PM
i dont know really whats Marlin or Repeater firmware. Im just studdyng computer ingenier, and i want to learn how to do that.

Can u explain to me what should i do to control the delta Kossel?

I thought that i should have a lib to control it with Arduino. But with ur reaction i think that this is so difficult.

Please, if u know how to do, pleaseeeeee tell me something.

Many thanks.

p.s: Sorry for my english.
February 15, 2014 11:00PM
There is no reason to re-invent the wheel. Both the Marlin and Repetier firmware have already been developed to run a Delta printer, and both can be easily tailored to work on just about any Delta-type printer.

Although I am far from a guru with these products, Marlin seems to be more popular but Repetier has a neat web configuration program that makes building your first installation easier than Marlin.

Here are links to Repetier's web configuration program and documentation:

http://www.repetier.com/firmware/v091/

http://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/

The result of the web configuration program will be an Arduino software package that is ready to install into your Arduino Mega, just from answering a few pages of questions about your printer and controller hardware. If you want to change anything or study the program to see how it works, the source code is included in the download. It doesn't get much easier than this.....
February 16, 2014 03:58AM
I think i love u ^^. Really, thanks a lot. I was so lose.
Now i gonna seek in this direction.

Thanks. Really
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login