Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Johan's Marlin - Delta Auto Bed Leveling

Posted by AndyCart 
Johan's Marlin - Delta Auto Bed Leveling
February 27, 2014 06:16PM
Hi Guys

I'm looking to add auto bed levelling to my Cherry Pi design. I've printed out a new effector with the Allen key type probe and microswitch assembly and I've run the cable for it back through the printer to my Rumba. All connected up and M119 is showing the switch 'open' in the deployed position I.e with the probe tip below the extruder ready for action and 'triggered' when the probe hits the bed and the switch goes click. I've measured and checked the X,Y and Z offsets and entered all into a newly downloaded copy of Johann's Marlin fork. The issue I have is that when I send a G29 command the effector drops to around 2/3 of my Z height and start it's probing but that's about 100mm above the bed in fresh air. I've obviously missed something. Any ideas?

PS As a sanity check I downloaded and configured a copy of the latest Repetier firmware and got that up and running with auto bed levelling in about 1/2 an hour which sort of says my hardware/electronics are o.k. Repetier only probes in 3 places though and I much prefer Johann's version so any help would be appreciated.

Andy
Re: Johan's Marlin - Delta Auto Bed Leveling
February 28, 2014 08:12AM
AndyCart

I've printed out a new effector with the Allen key type probe and microswitch assembly...

"At this point my retractable Z probe is completely obsolete" Johann. Feb 27 (22 hours ago)

Not trying to be negative... just thought I would post link to his post regarding the new probe he is working on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 08:13AM by ddseeker.
March 01, 2014 06:23PM
I managed to sort this issue out. It turns out you need to disable X min and Y min in Pins.h with -1. Works great now. I've used Rich Cattell's Marlin fork which is awesome .

Andy
Len
March 04, 2014 12:26PM
I moved to Rich Cattell's Marlin fork and it is awesome indeed. My most recent problems are now past history. Thanks for mentioning it Andy.
March 31, 2014 04:38PM
Len
I moved to Rich Cattell's Marlin fork and it is awesome indeed. My most recent problems are now past history. Thanks for mentioning it Andy.

Are you using FSR's?

Besides the auto-leveling, are there any other features that Johann's branch has that Rich's does not?

TIA,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login