Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crowd Funding: Delta Printer

Posted by MattyG 
Crowd Funding: Delta Printer
March 18, 2014 06:41PM
I am a mechanical engineering student at UKZN in Durban, South Africa and I am in the process of building my own 3D printer. I am battling to source components for my build locally. And with the current Rand/Pound exchange rate looking rather unfavorable for me, my options are starting to look very limited, on my budget. As much as it pains me to do this, I would like to humbly ask if any of you are in a position to please assist me in some way with an academic sponsorship of sorts. Any contribution will be hugely appreciated. You can visit my blog and simply hit the donate button on the right hand side. Otherwise if you have connections that can organise components that would also be amazing!

I would be more than happy to place your branding on my printer. I be documenting the build on my blog and would more than honoured to mention you and place a link for you on the blog. I will be taking the printer to schools around KwaZulu Natal to do demonstrations and hopefully spread the passion to children who may never have seen anything like it before. If anyone has suggestions on how I can go about getting crowd funding I would really appreciate the heads up.

Much love all the way from Africa
Matt smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login