Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Mini - Temperature Issues - Just 10 degrees more!!! (video) confused smiley

Posted by mapembert 
Rostock Mini - Temperature Issues - Just 10 degrees more!!! (video) confused smiley
May 21, 2014 09:11PM
Down to the final steps to get my printer to run. It moves, it homes, it is configured to be level. But it just wont reach full temperature!!!

This is what happens:
1-Load file
2-Pronterface slices it using Slic3r
3-I edit the g-code and remove the line for reaching bed temperature as I do not have a heated bed yet.
4-Press Print
5-The Rostock-Mini homes and parks 10mm above the surface
6-Waits for tip to reach temperature (185')
7-After 15 minutes it reaches the temperature of 175 and produces a sine wave like temperature fluctuation around +/- .4 degrees

It is as if it thinks the goal is 175 not 185.

Via g-code the printer returns the temperature of 175 so I don't think the printer thinks it is at 185.

Here is a link describing my issue, how I have configured Slic3r and Pronterface.
[www.youtube.com]

Attached is my config files from Marlin software.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (29.4 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (19.2 KB)
Re: Rostock Mini - Temperature Issues - Just 10 degrees more!!! (video) confused smiley
May 23, 2014 01:39AM
Try running a PID auto tune :-

M303 E0 S185 C8

Send the gcode to your printer when it's at room temp.

Your PID settings are for a Makergear hotend. Is this the hotend you are using?

Full details here [reprap.org]

Andy
Re: Rostock Mini - Temperature Issues - Just 10 degrees more!!! (video) confused smiley
May 23, 2014 07:01PM
Andy,

You again, are the MAN! The link you sent was dead on. That is what is needed. In fact, why wouldn't every new machine require this??

Anyway, this is answered!

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login