Autocalibration with FSR problem
September 24, 2014 01:05PM
Im trying to run the G30 A autocalibration but my effector keeps trying to go off my build plate.

I double checked all my delta measurements and they are correct.  I'm stumped on what the problem could be.

Is there any special test or set up needed for the FSRs?

My config.h is attached.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (25.3 KB)
Re: Autocalibration with FSR problem
September 25, 2014 10:03AM
Does the head tap ok in the centre at first but then move off the plate?

You may need to look at reducing bed diameter on line 107 of your config and possibly making sure that the starting values for rod length are closer to actual values.

Cheers,
Robin.
September 25, 2014 11:30AM
Yea it taps the center then moves towards one of the towers where it collides with the belt for around 30 sec.

I'll triple check all the measurements this weekend and try reducing the bed diameter.

greghoge.com

September 25, 2014 02:14PM
Also make sure any probe offset constants are set to zero as your head is your probe.
September 25, 2014 04:38PM
If it is trying to go off the bed for 30 seconds, I wonder if your steps per mm are wrong? So it thinks it has only moved a cm or two, when it reality it has moved 10x that.
September 25, 2014 05:05PM
Hmmm. Didn't think of that. I'll check that out first. Its seems highly probable.

greghoge.com

September 27, 2014 08:21PM
Tried changing the bed diameter and nothing changed.

Double checked the steps/mm and they were still good.

greghoge.com

September 29, 2014 02:57PM
Does it work fine when manually moving the motors? I.e. the issue is strictly happening when auto-calibrating.

FSR uses Z-min correct? Is it wired / plugged in correctly? Perhaps after the first reading the sensor is remaining triggered. I thought the FSR sensors used variable resistence. So when you first boot up, it is getting a resistence of X, but after the first trigger, the plate is not "bouncing back" and is now giving off a resistence of X + Y.

Just tossing out ideas. Hope you can figure it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login