Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Delta nowdays

Posted by AFK-er 
Re: Best Delta nowdays
November 21, 2014 09:48AM
Thanks for your reply sheepdog43,

I was already leaning towards the Griffin printer but hearing / seeing the results I am head over heels in love with it, the print quality of the close up of the dragon was outstanding, i couldnt even see the layers and i really like the fact that it runs on v slot aswell. I would like to add a heated bed to mine tho and would like to (although im not sure how) like it to have 2 nozzles so i can run a dissolvable support material and have some kind of auto levelling (which I think the griffin has but i am unfamiliar with how it does it) Thanks to you releasing the plans I can source / print most of the parts however there are some parts ( the rods etc) that i would rather buy direct so that they are exactly the same as what you're running. I couldnt find a store on the griffin website to buy things from tho, also how would it be best to get tech advice from you? I am sure to have questions during this build, deltas are very different to the kind of printer I am used to.
November 22, 2014 02:50AM
You're welcome.
We are only selling complete printers at the moment (pre-sale), parts are coming, but we need to focus on our Kickstarter people first.

Tridprinting can do rods and the effector is interchangeable with the Mini Kossel. I'm pretty sure there is a Mini Kossel dual head effector out there, just use that, it will bolt in.

We are using FSR's/auto leveling on the Pro model, but unless you have a machine shop, it will do you little good. My advice, look into either a Mini Kossel effector mounted probe or FSR system as they are designed for you to make at home. Many of the Pro's parts are not designed to be made at home on a 3d printer, this includes the FSR mounts.

FSR's do not like heat, the signal changes, so if you decide to go that route, you will need to insulate them from the heat and use a Trinket to control them. An effector mounted probe makes it MUCH simpler, you can use the standard Griffin bed mounts, just made from ABS. I had a heated bed on the first mini, I used the mounts made from ABS, 1/8in plexiglass as base, then 1/4in cork for insulation, the heating element, then the glass. It worked great. Keep in mind that an effector mounted probe will add weight and slow you down a little.

As for advice/support, in our store, click "Forum", that will get you to our support/chat forum, there is also a contact link on our store.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 03:02AM by sheepdog43.
November 22, 2014 02:19PM
I was repairing my Rostock and tweaking with settings a bit and it's ready for printing my Griffin parts. But i'm such a wierdo... I can't choose any PLA colour to match silver v-slots... Anyway thank you all for your opinions and help with choosing The best DELTA (rep rap)
November 22, 2014 07:38PM
Awesome!
My advice, do the lower frame connectors last. You need your printer well tuned to the plastic before doing them or you will have problems. People seem to have a lot of trouble printing them.

They are straightforward, they just seem to trip up a lot of printers.
November 22, 2014 08:10PM
Looks like that one voice did end up swaying him tongue sticking out smiley
November 23, 2014 07:54AM
3DRapidClone
Looks like that one voice did end up swaying him tongue sticking out smiley
I guess so!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login