Tilted prints
December 01, 2014 05:14PM
Hi there Rep Rappers,
I've got a bit of an odd problem. My 3D printing club at my college has a Deltamaker printer, which obviously uses a delta system. I'm not sure if it uses rep-rap, but I figured that you guys are probably the most helpful people around who know what they're talking about.

Here's the issue: The printer's prints are tilted. Everything that we print is a little crooked in one direction. I don't know if we ever checked if they all tilt the same direction, but it definitely seems like a constant problem. Also, the first layer has a lot of trouble adhering to the build plate. After a little tinkering, I found it under-extrudes on one side, and over-extrudes on the other, as though the build plate was not leveled correctly. The thing is, the build plate for the Deltamaker is on magnets and not levelable, and instead the machine has an auto leveling system, so I figure it should compensate for any slight tilt as long as we run the re-level script before printing. But clearly it doesn't, since we always run the script and it never fixes the problem. The last thing I noticed was that the 3 legs of the tower are not perfectly vertical, each one is slightly tilted. I'm not sure if that's an issue with the construction of the machine, or if it is supposed to be like that. If not, I have no idea how to go about fixing it, or if we would have to send it back to Deltamaker to get it repaired.

Do you guys know what might be causing the problem? We've used Repetier host, but now we're using Simplify 3D and Octoprint. I should also mention that the prints come out very nice when we use a raft to help with the adhesion, except for the tilt. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: got it fixed. The manual calibration point adjustment seems to have done the trick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2014 01:52AM by Memnarch1113.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login