Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Kossel Delta 2020 Full 3D Printer Kit w/Auto-Level

Posted by Kasahabo 
Re: Folger Tech Kossel Delta 2020 Full 3D Printer Kit w/Auto-Level
December 19, 2015 12:28PM
It's OK, it's actually 20mm that we set in Configuration.h in ENDSTOP_X/Y/Z_BACK_ON_HOME plus some margin that firmware calculates.
So, just follow the video and adjust your endstops using G28, G131, G132:
[www.youtube.com]

FirmwareFool
It does, but it goes about 40 mm from endstops, not 20.

My [www.thingiverse.com] stuff, my configuration of Repetier 0.92.6: [forums.reprap.org] (use Arduino 1.6.5 to compile)
December 19, 2015 02:20PM
paul_delta
It's OK, it's actually 20mm that we set in Configuration.h in ENDSTOP_X/Y/Z_BACK_ON_HOME plus some margin that firmware calculates.
[www.youtube.com]

FirmwareFool

Alright, I followed the video, but about halfway through, during bed height correction, my inductive sensor went beyond the bed and thus crashed the nozzle into the bed. I will try again, but what do you think the problem is? In the bed height correction window, I have the max x and y radius set to 80 and the min x and y radius -80 respectively.
December 19, 2015 02:49PM
forget about probe. you have to setup correct height first using paper test, etc.

FirmwareFool
paul_delta
[www.youtube.com]

FirmwareFool

Alright, I followed the video, but about halfway through, during bed height correction, my inductive sensor went beyond the bed and thus crashed the nozzle into the bed. I will try again, but what do you think the problem is? In the bed height correction window, I have the max x and y radius set to 80 and the min x and y radius -80 respectively.

My [www.thingiverse.com] stuff, my configuration of Repetier 0.92.6: [forums.reprap.org] (use Arduino 1.6.5 to compile)
December 19, 2015 04:09PM
The paper test went fine at x0 y0 z0. I got a z max length of 236.6. At each of the 3 points near the edge, the print head was too high, and couldn't reach the bed, so it seems I have a convex print bed, although I'm not entirely sure which parameters to change to account for that.

As an side, when Z probing earlier with G32 S2, I got a report of

So, those values are supposed to be close to each other, but they seem a bit far to me.

Should I send you my Configuration.h file?

EDIT: Also, why the hell do they call the the motors/towers X Y and Z? The axes are already called X Y and Z. Calling them A B and C would avoid so much confusion. Oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 04:13PM by FirmwareFool.
December 19, 2015 04:33PM
G32 S2 is command to autolevel bed and store everything in eeprom. After this you should have very close readigns because of enabled autolevel.
To check it, move tip to these coordinates and run G30 for each of 3 points - you will get not raw reading but corrected.

FirmwareFool
The paper test went fine at x0 y0 z0. I got a z max length of 236.6. At each of the 3 points near the edge, the print head was too high, and couldn't reach the bed, so it seems I have a convex print bed, although I'm not entirely sure which parameters to change to account for that.

As an side, when Z probing earlier with G32 S2, I got a report of

So, those values are supposed to be close to each other, but they seem a bit far to me.

Should I send you my Configuration.h file?

EDIT: Also, why the hell do they call the the motors/towers X Y and Z? The axes are already called X Y and Z. Calling them A B and C would avoid so much confusion. Oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 04:34PM by paul_delta.

December 19, 2015 04:38PM
But this command doesnt correct delta radius, only level 3 points near towers. Center stays on the same height when you change delta radius. Increase radius to rise side points. Normally, multiply the height difference of center and side points by 2 and add/deduct this value from delta radius. You have to rehome every time you change delta.

December 19, 2015 04:51PM
I think the problem is something to do with what either Firmware, or RepetierHost thinks my bed size is. Maybe they are conflicting? I can't think of any other reason why my sensor would go beyond the print bed and lower than z0.

I mean no offense, but out of curiosity, is English your first language? Your wording seems a bit different to me.
December 19, 2015 05:01PM
Hmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 05:03PM by FirmwareFool.
December 19, 2015 05:03PM
Did you set your printer in Repetier host as delta? [forums.reprap.org]
Check you z-probe height in eeprom. You must set real probe height - G1 X0 Y0 Z5 and slowly do down by 1mm and then by 0.1 and write down the height when z-probe will trigger (red light).

FirmwareFool
I think the problem is something to do with what either Firmware, or RepetierHost thinks my bed size is. Maybe they are conflicting? I can't think of any other reason why my sensor would go beyond the print bed and lower than z0.
I mean no offense, but out of curiosity, is English your first language? Your wording seems a bit different to me.

No, English my even not second - third language and when I am in rush - it's just boring for me to construct Hemigway-style phrases smiling smiley

December 19, 2015 05:05PM
paul_delta
Did you set your printer in Repetier host as delta? [forums.reprap.org]
Check you z-probe height in eeprom. You must set real probe height - G1 X0 Y0 Z5 and slowly do down by 1mm and then by 0.1 and write down the height when z-probe will trigger (red light).

FirmwareFool

No, English my even not second - third language and when I am in rush - it's just boring for me to construct Hemigway-style phrases smiling smiley

Wow! That's impressive. I can barely speak Spanish, much less a 3rd language as good as that. OK, let me try...
December 19, 2015 05:20PM
By EEPROM, I assume you mean going into the Arduino.ide and manually changing the firmware inside Configuration.h, correct?
December 19, 2015 05:25PM
no, repetier-host->config->eeprom.
the place where you manage all your settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 05:26PM by paul_delta.

December 19, 2015 05:27PM
OK, I will try it...
December 19, 2015 05:28PM
You need to set your Z-probe height there.

December 19, 2015 05:30PM
Z probe height is set to 0.900

That is correct. I tested it. At z = 0.9 the z probe LED turns on
December 19, 2015 05:30PM
This is the Repetier feature that I like very much. One screen where you can manage all your printer settings. No need to recompile and manually edit configuration.h.

BTW, save your eeprom settings to the file. You can load settigs from there even after full Arduino format.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 05:32PM by paul_delta.

December 19, 2015 05:32PM
paul_delta
This is the Repetier feature that I like very much. One screen where you can manage all your printer settings. No need to recompile and manually edit configuration.

Yes, I can see now how convenient this would be.
December 19, 2015 05:34PM
Check "Z max lenght" field and set your real height. I guess it's off because you changed configuration.h but didn't reset eeporm.

FirmwareFool
Z probe height is set to 0.900

That is correct. I tested it. At z = 0.9 the z probe LED turns on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 05:34PM by paul_delta.

December 19, 2015 05:39PM
That is correct too. Z max length is 236.6 and the paper is pinched a little bit at z0

Is there something else I should change?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 06:28PM by FirmwareFool.
December 19, 2015 06:30PM
check private messages, let's stop this spaming...
FirmwareFool
That is correct too. Z max length is 236.6 and the paper is pinched a little bit at z0

Is there something else I should change?

December 19, 2015 09:46PM
Here is the image of the Bed Height Map report. It only measured around half of the bed in a chunk closest to the Y tower. Like I said, the min/max for X and Y were -30 and 30 for both
Attachments:
open | download - BEDHEIGHTMAP1.jpg (228.4 KB)
December 19, 2015 09:55PM
Sometimes height map procedure in Repetierhost has strange behavior, I guess there is a bug somwhere.
I recommend to measure it like this:

G28 for home
G1 Z0 Y0 Z10 to put the extruder close to the bed
and only then run height map tool.

FirmwareFool
Here is the image of the Bed Height Map report. It only measured around half of the bed in a chunk closest to the Y tower. Like I said, the min/max for X and Y were -30 and 30 for both

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 09:58PM by paul_delta.

December 19, 2015 09:56PM
PS: It measures points inside the square area with the center in 0,0. I guess your measurements were wrong because of this bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 09:57PM by paul_delta.

December 19, 2015 10:12PM
OK, I ran it again. It was still in the same small chunk near the Y tower. I realized though, that you said something about Autoleveling enabled/disabled. My RepetierHost automatically enabled Autoleveling before I ran the Bed Height Map tool. So, should I shut it off right before I start it?
Attachments:
open | download - BEDHEIGHTMAP2.jpg (247 KB)
December 19, 2015 11:11PM
Are you sure you set your printer in repetier host as delta? [forums.reprap.org]

FirmwareFool
OK, I ran it again. It was still in the same small chunk near the Y tower. I realized though, that you said something about Autoleveling enabled/disabled. My RepetierHost automatically enabled Autoleveling before I ran the Bed Height Map tool. So, should I shut it off right before I start it?

December 20, 2015 01:32PM
I have a problem with moving the Y axis. After watching the video posted on the previous page by FirmwareFool, I noticed I had my X and Y axis swapped. SO I switched them and the corresponding endstops. I then proceed to home it in Repetier Host using your Repetier FW paul_delta. Unfortunately, it seems that the new Y axis can't move up at all. It just keeps stuttering. Slightly moving up, then slightly moving down. I check the vRef of all my motors, and they're sitting around 0.357 V. Any ideas? I've also reset the eeprom to default.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 20, 2015 01:34PM
Here is BEDHEIGHTMAP
Attachments:
open | download - BEDHEIGHTMAP3.jpg (229.7 KB)
December 20, 2015 02:01PM
Here is a picture of the EEPROM settings so far. I'm not sure what to change about the endstops, or Delta Radius or the Z probe
Attachments:
open | download - EEPROM1.jpg (254.4 KB)
December 20, 2015 02:08PM
FirmwareFool
Here is a picture of the EEPROM settings so far. I'm not sure what to change about the endstops, or Delta Radius or the Z probe

I've just checked Google and Youtube - they work! smiling smiley
[www.youtube.com]

December 20, 2015 02:15PM
What about G29? Should I change the Z probe offset to have it work?

EDIT: Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 02:19PM by FirmwareFool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login