Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2 kit.

Posted by mrchris97 
SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2 kit.
January 04, 2015 02:16AM
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying one of seemecnc's rostock kits. How were your experiences with the kit and do they run smoothly once built? Do they need any mods? Overall, would you recommend this kit? I currently have a Cartesian printer and am interested in building a delta printer.
Thanks!
Re: SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2 kit.
January 04, 2015 12:18PM
They require tweaking to print well. Once you fine tune it, they print extremely well. Id get stepper dampners for sure. There are ezstruder mods so that you can print ninjaflex as well.
January 06, 2015 12:16PM
Very interested in any feedback anyone has to offer on this kit. I recently purchased a mini-kossel kit from another vendor and am very close to returning it for a refund. Lots of misrepresentation on what I would get and what I actually got....far too much money for disappointment. That's another story.
January 06, 2015 12:52PM
My only comment is they offer an excellent support forum and good documentation for your build.

I personally purchased their Orion delta which is premade because I needed instant gratification.
Solid design and I already modified mine with a E3D V6 hot end.

If I were to do it over and had the weekend for a build project I would have no problem buying their kit for a bigger unit.
January 06, 2015 08:21PM
I bought one as my first 3D printer. It's a good all-around kit, I have no regrets. I'd say the two must have upgrades are stepper dampers and carbon arms. I've done some other upgrades shown here: [forum.seemecnc.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login