Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel Mini and latest Marlin

Posted by boksbox 
Kossel Mini and latest Marlin
January 27, 2015 02:14AM
Has anyone tried the new Marlin update from Johann?

It has lots of settings messed up and I had to debug them to work with my Kossel Mini.

But I can't make the auto level probe work. I'm using the old mechanical probe type. When I try to run G29, the action appears as if the probe microswitch is permanently triggered. Anyone know what's wrong?

I know it's not an electrical problem because if I switch back to the old Marlin, it works just fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 02:17AM by boksbox.
Re: Kossel Mini and latest Marlin
January 27, 2015 03:59PM
No expert, but sounds like the settings for the probe switch are reversed so it thinks the signal should be high when it is actually low or vice-versa.
January 27, 2015 08:17PM
I think so too. But where to set it?
January 27, 2015 08:50PM
Config.h file, I think the probe settings should be towards the end, though I use Repetier, not Marlin.

It is also possible that the probe is configured to use the z-min endstop pin. If this is the case, I believe you need to flip the end stop itself. But the probe settings should tell you how it is configured.
January 28, 2015 06:26AM
M119 is your friend. Once you confirm that the endstop is inverted, there's a setting in every firmware to invert the signal.....
January 31, 2015 10:46PM
I've tried inverting it. Checked via M119 and shows correct logic inverted or not. Z probe works but M29 still probes in mid-air.

Reverting to former firmware.
February 01, 2015 04:55PM
When you check with M119 you have also X min e Y min? If yes put in pins.h:
#ifdef DELTA
#define X_MIN_PIN          -1
#define Y_MIN_PIN          -1
#endif

I solved in this way...

COMPRA ITALIANO - sostieni le nostre aziende - sostieni la nostra gente - sostieni il tuo popolo - sosterrai te stesso.
Alberto C. felice possessore di una Kossel K2
My Blog - My Thingiverse
February 01, 2015 08:18PM
Well yes. It X min and Y min shows up when I do M119.

But where do I put your code? Because on pins.h I see near the bottom these lines:

#ifdef DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS
#define X_MIN_PIN -1
#define Y_MIN_PIN -1
#define Z_MIN_PIN -1
#endif

Should I put them after these?

Update: I just commented the Z min pin and uncommented the #define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS in Configuration.h and it worked! Thanks for your help MagoKimbra.

#ifdef DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS
#define X_MIN_PIN -1
#define Y_MIN_PIN -1
// #define Z_MIN_PIN -1 <----
#endif

Thanks for your help MagoKimbra.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 09:25PM by boksbox.
February 02, 2015 03:38AM
you're welcome...

Your solution it's same... In my firmware i use #ifdef DELTA because it's only firmware for cartesian, delta, corexy printer3d...
Ok....

COMPRA ITALIANO - sostieni le nostre aziende - sostieni la nostra gente - sostieni il tuo popolo - sosterrai te stesso.
Alberto C. felice possessore di una Kossel K2
My Blog - My Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login