Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone interested in a differential IR Z probe for deltas?

Posted by dc42 
Re: Anyone interested in a differential IR Z probe for deltas?
October 21, 2015 09:15AM
Hi David,

Wondering if you could tell me what causes this: "Error: Z probe warning: probe already triggered at start of probing move"

This happens at 3 spots during auto cal. I have watched the process a few times now and I am certain the probe is not triggered at these points. It finishes the calibration routine fine and makes the appropriate adjustments, just wonding what the cause of this would be.

Bill
October 21, 2015 09:38AM
Yeah the problem is that I am severely limited in the values of SMD resistors I have on hand. I have been building different values by stacking resistors in parallel or building little series circuit pyramids on the pads :-D I've ordered one of those packs of "2500 SMD resistors" but it is coming from China so I'll probably have this solved by then. I'll just keep mucking with the values until I get the right response given the reflection, thanks!

I'd like to point out to anyone following along that the Mini Differential IR sensor worked perfectly right from the start if I covered the measurement point with blue tape or a piece of paper on the bed, so this is only really a problem with my particular super shiny bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 09:38AM by CapnBry.
October 21, 2015 01:45PM
Billhc83
Wondering if you could tell me what causes this: "Error: Z probe warning: probe already triggered at start of probing move"

That means that you started probing at too low a height. Increase the H parameter (dive height) in the M558 command, until you have calibrated the printer at least approximately and plugged the resulting values into the M665 and M666 commands in config.g. The default is H3.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 21, 2015 03:19PM
Thank you David,

I found that the out wire was moving out of place at certain angles of probing, causing these false readings. I am using 3mm glass with flat back paint on the bottom, and it seems to be reading well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login