Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3dr randem freeze

Posted by ekaggrat 
3dr randem freeze
March 16, 2015 01:56AM
hi,
I have a 3dr delta working fro the last 6 months. Most of the time the printer works perfectly. But with some files the printer just freezes mid print and resets itself. Those particular files fail at a random point no matter how many times i try printing them.

I am using marlin and slic3r.

Any clues if it is a hardware or software bug?

thanks
Re: 3dr randem freeze
March 16, 2015 04:26AM
Sounds like a firmware bug. I suggest re-flashing Marlin to the Arduino and testing with one of your "problem" files.

It could also be a problem with the gcode generated by Slic3r, try slicing the same STL file with Cura and check what happens.
March 16, 2015 06:44PM
I've occasionally had this happen too. On a coreXY machine with an gcode file produced in Cura. Tried the print twice and it froze in the same place. Turned the machine off and let it sit overnight, I was too frustrated to try a third time that evening. Next day I switched back on and it printed fine. I always print from SD card. It's happened a couple of times in about six months. Never found out why. I suspected maybe it was a glitch with the SD card or reader
March 16, 2015 10:54PM
AndyCart
I've occasionally had this happen too. On a coreXY machine with an gcode file produced in Cura. Tried the print twice and it froze in the same place. Turned the machine off and let it sit overnight, I was too frustrated to try a third time that evening. Next day I switched back on and it printed fine. I always print from SD card. It's happened a couple of times in about six months. Never found out why. I suspected maybe it was a glitch with the SD card or reader

Glitches when reading from the SD card often occur due to the ribbon cables picking up noise from the adjacent stepper wires. Re-routing the cables, insulating them or braiding the stepper wires will solve the problem.
March 16, 2015 11:05PM
even i am suspecting the sd card reader . i am printing directly via the usb right now to check it if that is the cause.. .. I even suspected the ssr on the headed bed as that is very close to the steppers but i ruled that out by printing on a cold bed.
March 18, 2015 12:13AM
found it ... faulty sd card reader.,,,, the prints from repetier host come out perfect . tried 2 4 hour long prints and they came out perfect . the same prints on the sd card failed 3 times before i gave up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login