Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My delta is printing backwards

Posted by ybanrab 
My delta is printing backwards
March 25, 2015 03:05PM
So I'm tuning my homebuilt delta and I've got the to point where my (symetrical) calibration objects look reasonable, so I thought I'd try generating some name tags for the kids. I hacked on OpenJSCad for a evening an knocked up a nametag generator, which apprears to be operating just fine. I can import the resultant STL into Slic3r and generate GCode fine too. Pronterface renders the GCode looking correct:

When I actually print out the name tags though, I get something rather different:

Clearly, I've got something rather reversed! Has anyone else experienced this and what steps did you take to rectify?

I'm running a recent Marlin and my stepper directions are defined like so:
#define INVERT_X_DIR false // DELTA does not invert
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false

Thanks very much in advance

Barny

P.S. Here's the machine:

Re: My delta is printing backwards
March 25, 2015 03:21PM
I'm pretty sure you have towers X,Y & Z in the wrong order.

As I understand it they go counter-clockwise and if setup in the (to me) more natural clockwise style, you will get mirror image prints.
March 25, 2015 03:27PM
Thank you! You're absolutely right, I've just checked and mine are clockwise (as viewed from above) so that's most likely it! I'll swap over this evening and see what I get

Barny
March 26, 2015 07:30PM
Front left is X. Front right is Y. Rear is Z
March 26, 2015 09:22PM
Just swap the X and Y stepper motor and endstop connectors. No reason to over-think it any deeper. Been there, done that, printed reverse threads on several parts before I caught the mistake..... sad smiley
March 28, 2015 10:47PM
Which Delta model is this one out of interest?
March 29, 2015 01:05PM
It's an own design job, largely laser-cut from MDF sheet, as I didn't have access to a 3D printer to create parts. Design files and a few notes are here: [github.com] but I do need to update a few parts, based on the experience of building it.

I had lots of influences form others on this forum, particularly some of the ideas form AndyCart's printers, so massive thanks for sharing.

Thanks

Barny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login