Homemade Delta, printing problem, need professional advice
March 29, 2015 03:22AM

I and my friend have been working on making our own 3d delta printer in Thailand from scratch.
We need advice since we have try to solve the problem and we never get it to work.
Point out things:
1. The movement of extruder when control manually from repetier-host is precise and correct.
2. The calibration is roughly calibrated by me, no auto bed leveling, I also think that printing small object wont need much calibrate.

The radius of the bed is 10cm.

What we asking for help are:
1. The acrylic joint and diagonal rod; are they look right to you guys?
2. Why does the printing object is fail refer to the picture.

Printing object problem:
1. layer height is not correspond to the height of extruder. The extruder is not on top of the last layer it print. It go below which ruin the work.
2. when printing larger object like 3cm x 3cm the coordinate x and y change to another location which should be all the same from printing a cube.

THANK YOU FOR HELPING US IN ADVANCE. REALLY DESPERATE TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 04:43AM by seasiri.
jmf
Re: Homemade Delta, printing problem, need professional advice
March 29, 2015 10:21AM
From the pictures I see no obvious problems, are the towers perpendicular and 90 degrees to the build surface, are they spaced evenly from each other at 120 degrees,
what firmware are you using.

Double check all the delta offsets.

I've attached my configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files in case you are using Marlin firmware, this is my setup for my delta which works perfectly.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (36.2 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (20.6 KB)
March 30, 2015 12:17AM
jmf
From the pictures I see no obvious problems, are the towers perpendicular and 90 degrees to the build surface, are they spaced evenly from each other at 120 degrees,
what firmware are you using.

Double check all the delta offsets.

I've attached my configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files in case you are using Marlin firmware, this is my setup for my delta which works perfectly.

Thank you for answering jmf; I am currently using repetier firmware since im looking to use repetier server in the future. But i will try to use Marlin firmware may be it might get it to work. I will let you know the result after I tried.

I want to know that: Are most 3 joints in normal delta 3d printer are solid strong and only move up and down or it can jerk side way a little bit when print?
Can someone share me some ERPROM setting on repetier host. Thank you for this lovely community.
March 30, 2015 06:16AM
Borrowing someone else's settings is pointless. Even if you both built the same exact machine from a kit, it will need to be calibrated. In this case, I would start with steps/mm on your motors, make sure that you have all of the micro-step jumpers installed if your board uses them, etc. Then, go through the rest of the procedure to find the proper Delta radius so that your print head doesn't move convex/concave across the bed. (I have NEVER had a printer work out of the box based on ruler measurements alone, although they provide a good starting point for the calibration process.)

Jay has done a pretty thorough job describing the process for Repetier, and even did YouTube videos with Smoothieware:

http://reprapandme.blogspot.com/2014/02/irst-tests-and-calibration-repetier.html

Yes, many people have problems with slop in Traxxs joints. The usual fix is to put a spring or rubber band between the two rods, pulling them together and taking the slop out.....
jmf
March 30, 2015 08:09AM
I only gave my firmware files as reference, to possibly find some obvious mistake, that's all, I know it's pointless otherwise....thanks.
March 30, 2015 09:00PM
@jmf - My response was to them in response to them asking for someone else's Repetier EEPROM settings, *not* a criticism of anything you posted.....
jmf
March 30, 2015 10:26PM
vreihen
@jmf - My response was to them in response to them asking for someone else's Repetier EEPROM settings, *not* a criticism of anything you posted.....

No problems, I'm a noob at this stuff and am always learning from you guys.

I see your awesome replies and how you're helping others a lot with your knowledge, that's really cool and much appreciated !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 10:27PM by jmf.
April 03, 2015 10:37AM
The idler pulleys are way out of alignment, making the belts attached to the carriage really skewed. Won't that cause any problems?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 10:41AM by boksbox.
April 03, 2015 03:20PM
Good catch!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login