Heated bed issue
April 03, 2015 05:34PM
Hi, i recently upgraded my MiniKossel printer (Marlin firmware) with a 220mm heated bed. The setup is like in the attached pictures. The thick wire goes to D8 and the thermistor goes to Pin 14.
The problem is that the heater is not ...ahem ... heating. If i put it on D9 (and change the settings accordingly in firmware) it works but only for a short time, then the printer freezes and it doesn't react to any command (even though RepetierHost doesn't show that the commands are queuing)

What should i check?

Thank you for your time.

Lucian
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20150404_000801.jpg (178.6 KB)
Re: Heated bed issue
April 03, 2015 05:43PM
Have you connected 12V power to both sets of 12V input connectors on the RAMPS, if that is what you are using?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 03, 2015 05:48PM
Yes, RAMPS 1.4,
No, i didn't connected the second pair.

Could it be that simple ? Can i just take two wires from the first set and connect it to the second? I am using an XBOX PSU (1st gen)
April 03, 2015 05:57PM
luc1an
Yes, RAMPS 1.4,
No, i didn't connected the second pair.

Could it be that simple ? Can i just take two wires from the first set and connect it to the second? I am using an XBOX PSU (1st gen)

Yes. Make sure you get them the right way round!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 04, 2015 02:48AM
That did the trick, thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login